Chapter 7

Skillet's POV

So much for my drama-free evening. Hell, I would rather be dealing with Wacky Willa, at least then I would get something out of it.

"What the fuck just happened," Grace mutters from behind the bar. She looks as white as these fucking papers still spread all over the floor. I don't know who is going to clean that up, but it sure as hell ain't me, I've done enough today.

"Shit hit the fan, that's what happened," I state matter-of-factly as I take a long pull of an abandoned beer. God, somebody could write a damn good book about the shit that happens in this clubhouse.

"Skillet!" Gabby scolds as she goes to Grace's side and tries to comfort her. Grace isn't having it though, she's not the type that likes to be comforted.

"Let's go get the clinic set up," Clove says to Bullet, pulling my attention away from Grace. Clove is Wolf's old lady and a nurse at Franklin General Hospital. Bullet is our club medic and while I don't know his exact qualifications I know he's the reason most of us are still alive.

"I definitely shouldn't have hit her that hard," Shorty sighs with a hint of guilt in her eyes.

Hell, that wasn't her fault, we thought she was a rat.

"You shouldn't have hit her at all," Clove mutters under her breath but we all heard it.

Oh boy, here we go, more drama. I should've brought fucking popcorn. I wonder if Grace has any in the kitchen?

"We thought she was a rat," Shorty defends as she stands from the barstool. Clove doesn't back down, though, she stands her ground as her cheeks flush bright red. Damn, Shorty and Clove are like besties, this is gonna be good. I mean bad, this will be bad.

"You thought that girl was a cop? Come on Shorty, you're a lot of things but you aren't dumb," Clove snaps as Driver moves to stand behind Shorty and Wolf stands behind Clove. Oh God, is this gonna turn into a dick-measuring contest?

"What were we supposed to think?" Shorty yells as she crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"We shouldn't have thought anything because we didn't give her a chance to explain," Clove defends. "At the very damn least the shop should've never been an option."

Obviously, the shop is the code word for the place we take care of...... rodents. It's located underneath Grease's garage and it's been in business since the club came to be way back in 2001. There's all kinds of torture shit in there. It's a psychopath's wet dream.

"You know what happens to rats, Clove," Driver grits as he defends his girl and his president.

"But she's not a rat!" Clove screams, her volume surprising everybody. I've seen Clove do some badass shit, but she's never been this unhinged, at least in public.

"We didn't know that!" Shorty argues, her volume matching Cloves.

"Oh so now we are in the business of torturing young girls for no reason?" Clove scoffs. "What were you going to do, take her to the shop and hang her from chains? Maybe pull her hair out or carve our name in her leg?"

Shit.

Okay, this just stopped being entertaining. About four years ago Clove was kidnapped by her rapist and we had to turn over every damn rock in the city to find her. For a minute, I didn't think we would. The sick bastard that kidnapped her livestreamed her assault and we watched him pull her hair and cut her. Honestly, she's the only one in the room who truly knows what it's like to be tortured as a woman. Yeah, this shit might be a little triggering.