nightmare

Kesav POV

How... how does she know about it? All those days were like a nightmare for me. Only Maa, paa, and Rohan knew about it. Not even Charan knew about it.

"Arr... Arya "

"What... what are you talking about?"

I asked her to confirm whether she was talking about those days.

She started to speak then

"Don't you know about what I am speaking about?"

" farewell day night.... business trip... Delhi road... car accident...."

" don't you remember about it Kesav, don't you?" She questioned me while staring at me.

I become numb. My heart beating and my palm was sweating. I don't... don't want to remember about it. That trip changed my life for a few months.

" Kesav"

She slightly touched his hand. That touch was giving me vibes of ' I am here, don't worry'.

"Please kesav, please tell me about that accident" she pleaded while pressing my hands.

I took a deep breath and tried to remember that day...
*************
[Flashback]

One and half year back.

It was the farewell party day  for interns in my Company.

I decided to confess my feelings to Arya. So i prepared a surprise for Arya and fresh up myself. She was keep on messaging me.I didn't replied her messages too.

I thought I would gave a surprise to Arya after the party. When i freshen up and ready to start i received a call.

It was from one of the clients from Delhi. It was a prestigious project and I tried every possible way to get it and also bid for it.

The person from other side informed me that I won the bid and the client company want my presence with in two days as they were moving to France for another work.

I was happy that I got the project but sad, because I immediately need to fly to Delhi.

I messaged to Rohan about that and i started to Delhi. But who knew that journey would turned my life up and down.

It was the worst day of my life and don't want to remember it.
*******
I arrived Delhi next day . I checked in hotel and book an appointment with the client.

While arriving clients office i saw tulips and remembered Arya. She loves tulips and roses. That was information I knew about her in these few days.

I thought about different surprises and how to apologize her for not informing her about my urgent work.

Meanwhile I reached the company at 11 am and met the client. The total conversation between us took 2hours time. Around 2:30 pm I come back to hotel. The meeting with the client was success. I want to share this happy news with Arya immediately.

I thought I will ask her to come to garden and talk with her and take her to the surprise place. I planned for it totally. And I book tickets for return.

I reached the airport as I need to catch my flight by 6:30 pm. But,My flight was delayed for one and half hour and it was almost 7:00pm. So, i thought to eat light meals and want to but gift for Arya.

I entered the car parking area and took my car and reach the near by restaurant. I ordered rotis with paneer curry and butter milk. I completed and about to return.

Then I heard a loud sound. All the people in the group resturant were screaming loud. I walk to place where the sound came.

A big lorry entered into the premises of the resturant and also crashed few people in front of restaurant. It seems like brakes were failed or the driver must be drunken.

I didn't know. I was about to turn and move from there but I heard crying of  a woman.

" please, please anybody help me"

" please my daughter was not moving "
Crying and Shaking her daughter and trying to wake her up.

I felt sad, so I moved towards her and trying to check her pulse. I was not sure about it but the heart was beating slowly.

As there was  ambulances already here I informed one of the person and brought him along with me. He checked the pulse and we both took her to aumblance. I put her on stretcher and they took her to hospital.

While I saw the place. It was terrible. I decided to help them. So i cancelled my flight. I was helping others while the land under me shaken suddenly.

Few seconds later, again the land shaken violently and many people came out from their houses ,screaming for help.

I took some of the people with me to near by safe area. As it was a road side area, there was no secure place to hide from the earthquake.

Few minutes after the Earthquake calm down and everyone tried to return their houses.
Most of the houses collapsed. It was really a terrible incident.

I tried to help the people. I went to resuce a child near the resturant wall. The wall was ready to collapse at any second. I rescued him and i turned back to reach the safe place.

But my left leg struck there suddenly, i tried different ways to take it back, few scratches were also made on my leg and it was slightly bleeding. After few attempts later, it came back and i tried to walk fast to reach another place.

But the wall collapsed with a loud ' thud' and a large piece of ceiling flyover and hit me on my head. That's it i fell down. My eyes were shutting down and I can only hear screaming of people, yelling, and crying.

My ming went blank and it was pitch Balck all around me and I closed my eyes finally.

************
Hello darlings! I hope you are enjoying the story.

The story is coming to end and it will take 3-4 episode to complete.

Please support me and also say me your ideas, thoughts about the story in comments section.

Thankyou
From your author,
A. Mrudula.