Vacation

Arya's POV

I felt it was the best decision in my life to go on vacation to Ooty. It changed my life. I didn't have any idea that one day I would feel the feelings that I had longed for. The short Vacation changed my world.

It all started 2months back after I completed graduation. I had high dreams to become a CEO for my own company which was built from scratch. And I have been working on it for 2 years.

I completed the groundwork to start my own business. Even though my paa( father) grandpa (grandfather) and brother were in the business world and had a good image in the industry. I wanted to try my luck as an amateur before taking my family business.

So, I convinced them and applied for an internship in Chennai. First, they opposed it and later they supported me. I planned a short vacation to Ooty from Chennai after my interview with the company.

I attended the interview with full confidence but only I know how nervous I felt when I saw the interviewer. Oh my god, my palms were wet with sweat and tense.

Finally, I completed my interview and went straight to the railway station. I love train journeys and most of the time I travel in trains to any location.

When I told my paa ( father) about my vacation plan, he sounded unconvinced about it. After few minutes later, he said he would arrange the tickets and he strictly said, I need to go along with one of my cousins.

I can't disagree with him on this matter. He worried about safety and it was increased after that Incident. So, I accepted it.

I thought maybe Siva, Gayathri, or Mythili would come but never in my life did I expect that Supriya was tagged with me. I cursed myself for my fate.

It's not like I don't want to tag with Supriya but for 3 years we were not on talking terms. I didn't know why she started to hate me suddenly. I tried to clear our misunderstandings but this stubborn, strong-headed, idiot fellow didn't give any chance me.

Finally, we both entered the compartment and sat in our seats. My opposite seat was empty. I was curious whose seat it was. Because of the fresh air and my favorite window seat, I drifted into sleep.

"Hello, miss Dumbo, Wake up, we are reaching the station within half an hour"

A voice woke me up. Whose voice it was? I turned to my left to see the idiot as I thought, she might wake me up. But she was nowhere to be found. My sleep was gone within seconds because of the tension about her.

Even though I didn't talk with her, it doesn't mean I did not care for her right. I was searching for her and at that time

"Don't worry miss, the lady beside you went to the washroom as we are reaching the station within twenty minutes"

A male person who was seated in my opposite seat and wearing his mask said to me. I nodded my head towards him and the idiot arrived at that time.

And the Dumbo finally came. Before I asked something, she sat on the seat and checked her bags. I know she didn't want to talk. So, I too went to wash washroom and came back.

The train was moving slowly like a sloth as we were reaching the station within minutes. It was the most irritating part of the train journey.

The person opposite my seat leaned towards the window and sleeping. His hair was falling towards his forehead and eyes. He was captivating to my eyes at that moment. I was sure behind the mask he was handsome.

I felt it was a good day that I saw such a handsome man. And finally, our station arrived.

We traveled for half an hour to reach our resort and it was almost ten at night. After fresh up, we had finished our dinner, and went to sleep.
**********
"Tring"

"Tring"

"Yawns"

I finally woke up after a few rings of my alarm. But it was really cold and freezing. I tried to sleep again but it was no use. So, I got up from my sleep and went into the balcony.

There was a garden in the resort and very few people were walking, or jogging in the area. I felt refreshed. After some time I went to the garden sat on a bench and enjoyed the view.

Then I saw a person who was cycling in this cool weather. It was freezing but he was shot less. I couldn't see him clearly but when he was reaching me I was just in "aww".

My heart was beating like a drum after seeing his figure. Oh my god! He was just captivating. His face was covered with a mask. I felt sad for not seeing his face. Somehow I felt like saw him somewhere.

I was thinking about where and how I met him. But not a slight glimpse of him appeared in my mind. When I came out from my thought he was already gone.

Just like that, my day started.

***********

Hello! Namaste everyone. I hope you will enjoy reading this short novel and support me.

Please share your thoughts regarding the story in the comments section and also try to give a like for the story. It will help me and motivate me to write.

Thank you so much for coming and reading this story mine.

From your author,
A. Mrudula.