Chapter 40 - The End

Author's Note

This is not the last chapter. It's only the title of this chapter.

3rd Person

Jedi were to be instructed from childhood. It was an age-old custom.

Youth was the synthesis of the mind, a critical time of development integral to internalizing Jedi philosophy and techniques.

Naturally, the younger a youngling began their training, the greater their control over their state of mind.

It was for this reason the council was so hesitant to admit Anakin Skywalker at age nine.

For some galactic citizens, the practice of initiating children was... controversial.

In nearly every case, the order received permission from the parents of the child before collecting them from their homeworld. That being said... the circumstances in which the child was extracted were often subject to scrutiny.

Occasionally, at some point down the line, a parent grew to lament their decision... and the waters muddied.

Regardless, the vast majority of Jedi within the temple had little concept of family... at least in the traditional sense.

Robbing them of the bond between a parent and child was a necessary act to strengthen their discipline.

That was the consensus.

Perhaps something important was lost along the way.

And perhaps some made do... in their own way.

A Few Months Later

(y/n) POV

My alarm blared, and I robotically rose out of bed.

Several reocurring thoughts streamed through my head.

'It was my shatterpoint, but that's just it... right?'

...

'It was mine...'

...

'Not the galaxy's.'

Did I really expect to change the course of a war, alone?

More importantly, it did bother me, but...

It didn't feel like failure.

'Why?'

I knew the answer, or... I thought I did.