Scroll Thirteen: Seeking An Audience

I_Love_All_ - Welcome to the 13th Scroll, My Friend. Where I am from, 13 is considered an Unlucky Number and it will be unlucky, but for whom is the question? Let's find out!

Note I: In the first scroll of the story, Hinata was 13 years old. Two years and three months have passed since then, which makes her 15 now, and Haku is 17. Both of them remain pure and are not even considering anything beyond that until they are legally married or reach the age of 18.

Note II: Akamaru is now the size of a normal adult dog. We all know in Shippuden, Akamaru was large enough for Kiba to ride, but he hasn't reached that size yet; he is only half that size.

Note III: The Members of Konoha 11 (Hinata Included) are around the same age (15-16) in this scroll.

[The Village Hidden In The Leaves (Gate) - Early In The Morning]

The streets of Konohagakure were quiet around this time of morning - the shops were just starting to open and the Shinobi and Kunoichi of the Village Hidden in the Leaves were getting to their proper posts; there were even some cases when the promising warriors would go training when there was no one else around to bother them and allow them to focus. Kurenai Yuhi - The Sensei of Team 8 - walked along the quiet streets until she reached the gate where her boys were waiting for her; this was a sight she was used to, but she was not fond of it since there was no togetherness - only tolerance.

Shino was standing in the middle of the Village Gate's Threshold with his hands in his pockets while gazing down the path as if expecting someone else to arrive in a moment.

Kiba was leaning against the door with his arms folded and a displeased look on his face as he talked to the Inuzuka Ninken who ignored his owner's voice and sat there in silence.

Akamaru, who had grown to the size of an average adult dog, was sitting with his back to Kiba. The morning sun was shining on the scarred headband wrapped around his neck, which he seemed to cherish like a collar as it was the only piece of Hinata he had left. However, his link with Kiba had become fragile ever since Hinata disappeared, and he rarely listened to his master. Moreover, Akamaru was fiercely protective of Hinata's Headband, and he refused to let anyone touch it or take it away from him. This was evident when Lord Hiashi attempted to take it from him, and Akamaru snarled at him and almost bit off the hand of the Hyuga Clan Head.

"Kurenai-sensei!" Kiba called out as he pushed himself off the door and unfolded his arms, causing Shino and Akamaru to look in her direction before walking over to her to listen to what she had to say, "What's the mission? It's been a while since we've been out of the village on a mission! Is Team 8 making a comeback?!" Kiba barked in excitement while punching in fist into his open hand; showing his determination. 

"We are heading the Borderline of the Land of Fire and into the Lavender Lands. We are to investigate the Lavender Light Village for 2 reasons: Speak to the Grand Lady and Grand Lord about making a deal with us regarding their chakra steel, as well as seeing if the 'Lord Momochi' that resides there is Zabuza Momochi - The Demon of the Mist & Member of the Seven Swordsmen." Kurenai explained, causing Kiba to look confused.