Scroll Two: The Village

Quick Note: Upon investigation, I have discovered that the Land of Water - where Haku and Zabuza hail from - and the Land of Fire are separated by a body of water and several uninhabited islands; from what the map tells me. To make this story make the slightest bit of sense, I am connecting the two Lands with the lands of the Unnamed Village - this land is unclaimed for a reason and shall be revealed soon. Just...let me know if what I am saying makes sense, guys, I'm trying to make this one better than my last one.

I_Love_All_ - Please, enjoy, My Friend! Let me know your thoughts!!!

[When The Sun Rises - Near The Border of the Land of Fire]

The dense clouds blocked most of the sunlight, and the morning air was filled with dew. A cloaked figure walked down the path toward the boundary that separated the Land of Fire from the rest of the Ninja World. Hinata reached a crossroads and stopped to observe the more defined path leading to the Land of Waves, ruled by the Mizukage. Although Hinata was unfamiliar with the current Mizukage, she wondered what her life would be like in the Land of Waves. As she was about to head in that direction, she realized something.

Hinata noticed another path, which was barely visible due to the thick vegetation around it. This path seemed like it was not frequently used, if at all. Hinata became curious and pulled out the map provided by Anko. She located Konoha's Borderline Crossroads on the map and traced her finger along the faint path. Suddenly, she felt a faded house icon on the map. It indicated a small settlement, but it was nearly invisible, just like the path. Considering the condition of the path and the map, it seemed like no one had traveled down there in decades. Hinata looked down the path and wondered why this patch of land was unclaimed by any land or nation, big or small.

'There must be a reason why nobody laid claim to this land. Whatever the answer may be, I know it's hidden at the end of this path, and I am going to find it.' Hinata folded the map and put it back in her pack. She drew her arms under the cloak and started moving down a path that was not often used. She made sure to keep an eye on the dirt road as it gradually disappeared into the grass. Finally, she vanished into the darkness of the trees that surrounded her.

[About An Hour of Walking]

The forest gradually receded into the background, and along with it, the path. Hinata came to a stop when her feet landed on the charred ground. The grass was gone, and the few trees that remained were black as night. Their bark was burned to a crisp, and the soil was gray, completely devoid of life. Hinata was curious about what had happened there. Had there been a war? Was the area abandoned because it couldn't be harvested? She had so many questions, but none of them could explain what had happened there. Despite her curiosity, Hinata decided to keep walking through the burned area. She crushed the blades of burnt grass that crumbled into ash under her weight. She continued walking until she reached a hill that overlooked the area. From there, Hinata saw something in the distance, and her curiosity only grew stronger.

'A Settlement or village of some kind?' Hinata thought as she narrowed her eyes.

Hinata gazed down at the small settlement, and it didn't look promising from her vantage point. Most of the houses looked destroyed, and the few still standing didn't seem habitable. The sun was high overhead, indicating it was noon. Though it would take too long to go back, she needed to rest. Something about this village called out to her, and she knew she had to follow her instincts, just like her mother taught her. After all, a Tigress always follows her intuition.