4

At perch:

Zac: yo I don't care what you say you cheated.

Fatima: how?

Zac: I didn't know how to figure out any of them clues.

Fatima: what happened to I won the AMC twice in middle school.

Zac: I did.

Fatima: so problem solving should be easy to you right?

Zac: normally it is.

Fatima: mm the mathletes would be so disappointed in you tonight.

Zac: wow you funny.

Fatima: I've been told that from time to time.  Can I ask you a question?

Zac: wassup?

Fatima: what made you get in to singing?

Zac: Tbh my father

Fatima: really? How so? ( Fatima takes a sip of her wine)

Zac: When my sister went off to college, it was just me and my father. We would do a lot of things to bond but my most favorite moments of us bonding is when we would drive around in his car listening to old school music. That's when he introduced me to Aretha Franklin, Ella fitzgerald, Lenny Williams, and Teddy Pendergrass

Fatima: (smiles) what you know about Teddy?

Zac: come on. Girl I know all about Teddy. In my line of business, it's important to know about those old school singers because they are the start of this whole thing and you can also try to find ways to continue their legacy.

Fatima: that is very true. You can't really know real music without listening to the old music.

Zac: exactly. now that you asked me a question can I ask you something?

Fatima: it depends on your question.

Zac: what made you wanna manage people's careers?

Fatima: nope too personal.

Zac: what? Yo you a trip. How can you sit here and ask me about why I start singing but I can't ask you that.

Fatima: because it's my job to know these things about you.

Zac: I believe you are hiding behind that reason.

Fatima: what are you talking about?

Zac: I think you wanna know about me on a personal level but you don't want me to know that you like me on the low, so you hide behind the whole you need to know these things as my manager. How do you need to know these things when I haven't even signed yet.

Fatima: you said yet so that means you are going to sign.

Zac: (chuckles) I see you changing the topic.

Zac gets a phone call. When he check it he sees the name, Mrs. Jones 👰🏽‍♀️😂(aka kapree Miller)

Fatima: do you need to take that.

Zac: nah I'm good. (Declines the phone call) listen you tell me about the story of why you became a manager and I'll finally give you my answer.

Fatima: why you wanna know so bad?

Zac: because I have a feeling it's gone be interesting.

Fatima: it's really not. I love music but I'm not really the artist type so I decided to manager them instead.

Zac: I feel like that's not the real story.

Fatima: well that's the story you're getting. Now can I have my answer.