different sides of the story.

MAES POV:

the moment i heard the keys hit the counter i froze, i turned around away from max to face my mom. She stared back at me in shock. "mom i-" before i could finish she walked away to her bedroom, me and Max stared at each other. "looks like we have a bigger fish to fry than me ghosting you..." i whispered to max nervously. He rolled his eyes "looks like YOU have a bigger fish to fry." he said before walking away and i was left alone. I knew i needed to clear the air with my friends, but first i needed to clear it with my mom. I knocked on her door "come in." I opened the door with shaky hands and sat down next to her on her bed "so, im assuming you heard everything..." i said as i looked at her with a frown. She gently put her hand on mine and gave it a light squeeze "do you really think i like Max better?" i sighed. "i dont know mom." i said in a defeated tone, "i love you Mae, but why annie? you know everything that happened with her grandmother and yours." i sighed "mom that has nothing to do with us, plus i don't even know what happened." she looked away before speaking "look, a long time ago her grandmother found out your grandmother liked her boyfriend, she made a bet with her boyfriend that if he could get with your grandmother that she would...go further than...first base." i thought for a moment before speaking "that has nothing to do with annie, me and her are happy." mom looked at me before hugging me tight. after a long hug i nodded and walked out. So i guess she knew i was gay now i had a few other people to clear the air with. I got in my ol trusty jeep and began to drive to Audrey's. Im pretty sure Max left a few hours ago to go her house, so maybe i can kill two birds with one stone..I finally arrived and took a deep breath before knocking on her door with a heavy heart, no answer. I sighed and went to knock again but suddenly, the door opened. Audrey answered but something was wrong, her vibe felt heavy and she had teary puffy eyes "what's wrong?" She looked at me before pulling me into her house and shutting the door "Mae i have to tell you something.." she said as she led me to her room, my heart was beating as she opened her door, i seen Max sitting on her bed with his face buried in his hands. "Mae the reason we've been freaking out so much about you ghosting us is because you missed something big.." i looked at her nervously "okay..." i said skeptically. She began rummaging through her desk drawer and pulled out a small white stick..I felt the air leave my lungs when i took a better look, a pregnancy test. "Audrey..." i said as i covered my mouth, Max looked at me. Suddenly, everything began adding up! Max being on edge, them being so mad about us ghosting them, audrey staying away from parties. Fuck. "s- so what are you gonna do.." i said as i sat down next to Max. "im gonna keep it, me and Max are gonna raise it.." i looked at Max with disbelief. "guys, you are kids yourself, you can raise a-" before i could finish Audrey's voice spoke "its final." her voice cracking a bit as she chocked back tears "whatever you want to do, i'll support you..Who have you told?" i said nervously. Her and max looked at each other "nobody." i sighed loudly "you have to tell your mom soon Aud." i said "and Max, moms gonna be pissed!" i said. He looked at me "i know Mae." i sighed "so if we are all being honest, i've been secretly dating Annie." probably not the best timing but you know. "we know, but listen we need to focus on the live fetus in my stomach right now." Audrey said as she began to pace the room restlessly. "alright listen..It's our last year in high school, so you will be good with that and we will be out officially by the time you have him or her. I think the best approach is to host a family dinner between our families. Only invite the people you want to know so like annie. kat, your mom, your dad and we will invite our mom and...our uh our dad." i said as i looked at them both, i was trying to be strong "good plan." max says "it'll be okay love." max said as he comforted audrey, i had to admit...they were a good couple. "so how long have you known?" i said. "about two months maybe a little less? i only told Max seconds before you came over." i nodded, "alright, max i'll see you at home. And i'll see you both later at the dinner." emphasizing on 'the' I drove home in pure silence. I finally made it home and got out of the car, i unlocked the door to see my mom getting ready "what are you getting dressed up for?" i said as i turned my head "Audrey and Max invited me to dinner! i think it's so they can officially come out as dating." If only she knew..."they invited you and...annie too." I nodded, i walked upstairs, and began to get ready. I put on a short white dress with platformed wedge sandals. I knew this night would be eventful, "hey mom when is it suppose to start?" i yelled from upstairs "8:30!!" it was 7:43. Me and my mom finally got ready and we decided to take the same car. When we arrived i already seen Kats car, Annie's car, And both of audrey's parents..My face had a nervous look. Im pretty sure dad was gonna get here later around 8:52? I walked inside with mom and seen Max and audrey preparing the rest of the food while Kat and Annie talked to each other and Audrey's parents were helping with the food as well. "hey." i said as we entered, Annie came up and hugged me, i barely hugged her back..I felt sick from how anxious i was. I sat down at the kitchen table and watched my phone until the food was done, everyone started to gather around the table as well and eat. Audrey, me, and max were all eyeballing each other. I knew the bomb was going to be dropped soon. Small chitchat was heard from around the table "sooo why exactly are we having this dinner, im not complaining but it's a bit odd." audrey's mom said in a half joking tone. "well that's what i wanted to talk to everyone about." audrey said as she stood up. I felt like i could throw up when she stood up from her seat "so you may be wondering why everyone's gathered here today. And the truth is, is that i'm pregnant and Max is the father." Max stood up after her and rubbed her back as she spoke. I watched everyone's face drop immediately, i was watching the gears turning in everyone's head at that time. I remember the look on Annie's face as she turned to me, she was giving me a "did you know about this" look. I nodded and she just looked down "w- what?" my mom said, chocking on her own words. Suddenly, my dad barged in "sorry im late folks, what'd i miss?" everyone quickly turned to him and slowly turned back to audrey.  "are you keeping it?" Audrey's mother spoke "yes, we are raising it together." I could've swallowed myself whole right than and there. "nonsense! your a chil-" before her mom could finish her dad grabbed her shoulder "honey, you were only 15 when you had Audrey. She's 17, if you can do it at 15 she can do it at 17." I seen her moms gaze soften "we will talk more about it later." The rest of the dinner nobody dared to speak. Everyone left in a rush after Max explained everything to my dad, let's just say he was not pleased. I kissed Annie goodbye "if you have any questions ask audrey." i whispered in her ear before leaving. "did you know about this?" my mom said as she drove home, i sighed "only an hour before she announced it to you guys." She didn't say anything and continued to drive home. Everyone got home at the same time. I went upstairs to my room. I heard Max,dad,and mom talk at the kitchen table for hours..Looks like i'll be an aunt.