Forced proximity

MAES POV:

i was walking to class chatting to my best friend, Audrey. Audrey was telling me about a fall party. i rolled my eyes as we continued to walk "who's gonna be there?" i said with a sigh knowing that Annie was going to be there. I hated Annie and she hated me, she was the bane of my existence. "uh...just some friends.." Audrey said nervously. "is Annie going to be there?" i said blatantly "yes..." Audrey said, i immediately rolled my eyes "and you think that i'll go knowing that Annie will be there?" i said as i continued to walk Audrey let out a annoyed groan "look, you don't even have to talk to her! just please come? for me..?" Audrey said as she gave me puppy dog eyes...i rolled my eyes "alright fine." i said. Audrey immediately perked up "thank you so so so much! you're the best!!" she said as she hugged me. i hugged her back..unwillingly. We walked into class, my eyes immediately darted to Annie. I stared daggers at her and she didn't hesitate to send me the same message. Audrey shoved me gently and signaled for me to just leave it alone...I sat down in the corner and Audrey went to talk with her friends..The teacher walked in and began to teach, I began to drift off and suddenly i was awoken with a loud ringing of the bell. Thank god i thought.

Annie's POV:

I was talking to my friends when i heard Audrey's voices..along with Maes voice, i rolled my eyes and immediately shot my eyes towards the door, and in walks Mae and Audrey, she was already shooting daggers at me but i couldn't care less. as Audrey nudged her i smirked knowing i won that stare off. A few minutes later the teacher walks in, i take out my books and start to take notes, i look back to see Mae sleeping, how embarrassing! i thought to myself..The teacher was asking questions and kids were raising their hands, along with me. Suddenly, the bell rings! i got up and grabbed my bag. i go to find Audrey but she's already over there with Mae shaking her awake. i rolled my eyes "pathetic" i mumbled under my breath. Audrey and Mae both heard, Audrey looked at me with a stern look and Mae looked at me with a sour stare. i smirked and walked out, school was over and it was finally time for volleyball tryouts! i raced to the gym with a smile on my face. I went into the locker room to change into my knee pads, shorts, and a baggy t- shirt. I walk out and see Mae walk in. My eyes widen in shock but quickly change to small, hateful slits. I walk over to the net and begin to stretch, my mind was on Mae..I didn't know that she played volleyball? my thoughts were cut short when i heard the loud blow of the coach's whistle "all right ladies listen up! today is try-outs. not everyone will make it, but some will. Good luck! i'll be watching.." she said, i felt adrenaline as i began playing, i felt the coach's eyes on me and the other girls, my eyes dart to Mae, she was playing on the opposite side of the net..suddenly a spike gets launched from Mae , I quickly go in for a save but i jump to high and the ball smacks me in the middle of the nose, i groan in pain as i fall to the ground. I hear footsteps run towards me, I open my eyes to see none other than Mae..."Im so sorry are you oka-" she asked, i didn't even let her finish before I rolled my eyes "you did that on purpose you-" before i could finish i was cut off by the coach "Ladies! Back up..." she says as she runs over to me and crouches down "are you alright?!" she says, i rub my head and get up "im fine.." i said annoyed.."Look you go home early, get some rest." coach says, I rolled my eyes "im fine." a loud sigh escapes from the coach "you do not have a choice, go." she said. I shook my head and clenched my fist so hard my knuckles were white. i walked away, i called my mom "hello?!" i said annoyed "mom come get me, tryouts were cut early." i said, annoyed..."uhh okay...ill be there in 5." she said, i quickly hung up and sat down on a bench...I couldn't believe Mae would sabotage me like that.