back to basics.

ANNIES POV:

I eventually calmed down and came back into the cabin, at this point everyone was asleep. We were leaving early in the morning and i hated being rushed while leaving, so i began packing, i listened to Mae snore softly as todays events played into my mind, why did she constantly deny her feelings? I walked down stairs after i was done packing and sat down at the kitchen table, i began to zone out.."Annie? Annie...Annie!" I suddenly zone back in to Audrey standing over me. "A penny for your thoughts?" she said as she sat down..i sighed, before i knew it was coming out like word vomit. "Im in love with Mae but she is too scared to come out and express her feelings, I mean i hate her but i just..there's something about her, i have no idea what to do and we just had an argument and i-" before i could finish she hugged me "listen, she obviously isn't gonna come out anytime soon, I think you should try to just be her friend, or her enemy i dont care. Don't try to do two things at once." she said, and silently left as quickly as she appeared. Her advice rang through my mind, i just decided to sleep on the couch tonight. I woke up to chaotic teenage voices rambling and walking around in a hurry, my body ached from the couch. I rolled out of bed and walked up stairs into mine and Maes room..She only looked at me for a second before pushing past me out of the room. I sighed loudly and grabbed my suit case, I began to get ready for the day, I put my hair up in my infamous messy bun, a few curls were hanging out and i quickly slid on a grey oversized Nirvana hoodie and put on skinny jeans and uggs. I walked downstairs to see Max putting suitcases in the trunk. I sighed already dreading the packed car ride back home. "i call shogun!" i hear Mae call from behind me, i rolled my eyes so hard they got stuck when i heard her voice. I sat in the back and Max got in the drivers seat. I was sat in the back with Audrey.

MAES POV:

I woke up in the bed alone, i assumed Annie may have just slept on the couch or something. I went into the bathroom and brushed my messy black hair, i put on embroidered baggy jeans with a belt and a oversized gray shirt. I began packing up and realized that annie's stuff was already packed up, i rolled my eyes and continued what i was doing. I heard someone approaching the room, i looked up and saw Annie standing at the door way. I rolled my eyes and pushed past her with my suitcase. I walked outside and saw max talking to Audrey by the car "hey! will you put my suitcase in the back?" i said as i handed it to him, he loaded it in. His and Audrey's were already in there, I heard Annie behind me. "I call shotgun!" i said as i got in the front seat next to Max. The trip was peaceful, besides Max's white boy music playing. We finally got breakfast and was officially on our way back home! I wasn't ready to talk to Annie yet though..We eventually made it back to the old city and everyone was dropped off, it was strange being back home but im glad we were, it gave me time to think and unwind before school started back tomorrow.