23

Vegas pov
Before I knew it I'd designed a few swimsuits and I submitted them and only one was given the go-ahead.
" hey Summer remember when I said that if they took a design they would give me a little credit like a little pay raise "
" Yeah "
She smiled
" well hopefully there's a little bump coming they took a design I can feel that this is the start of something "
A few months had passed and they liked more and more designs and I wasn't seeing anything come from it in fact I was being given more work.
" you know when I signed on to be a designer I didn't think you'd just take my designs and give no recognition or a raise if it did well like you said you would when I was interviewed "
" that's life Kimberly take it or leave it "
" Leave it "
I said and Leah my manager looked so confused and I got my things
" Leah you might be ok with just being in the shadows putting pretty colors together but I'm not "
" do you think you'll get a better job than this "
" I'll make one "
" Sure "
She crossed her arms trying to make it feel like she was right and I'll always be wrong
" watch me "
I smiled and she swallowed hard telling me I got to her. I walked out and got in my car and as soon as I turned it on the song " sun keeps on shining" by almost Monday came on and I smiled because it's a song I love with good memories tied to it and I can yell with it.
By the time I got home, I was smiling and when I walked in there was Summer
" girl you just need to put me on the lease oh right you did "
She just moved in a while ago and she says that every chance she gets
" what's got you smiling like that "
" I quit "
Her face instantly lit up
" shut up "
I just nodded and smiled at her
" ok I'm umm you go get ready I'll call Poppy and Bodhi and we'll go out and celebrate "
" ok "
We found ourselves at a bar toasting to new beginnings. The next morning with a hangover I started to work on my brand.

Over the next year, I had a job at a smoothie shack and I'd work on designs any chance I had. On my 19th birthday, I had a small party at the apartment and towards the end of it, I was just sewing a new bathing suit.
" hey Summer are you free for a photo shoot this evening "
" um yeah I think so why "
" I just finished your suit "
I healed it up it was a one-piece with a cut-out on the right side and a lavender dragon embroidered on the left side.
" girl this is amazing "
" ok I'm glad you like it "
That evening we went to the beach and did a photo shoot and then after hours of editing I posted three on my socials and overnight it blew up and I started to receive DMs asking if they could get one. I made custom-tailored suits for close to a million people and I was making new designs for my friends and posting the photo shoots we had. It was a whirlwind of a year that I didn't even release what was happening till I got verified and I officially had a company of my own. Surf B.