1

It's crazy how your life can change so fast and yet not change at all. Most people would feel sad when a parent passes or even blame themselves for it if it was an accident they beloved they caused. My mom had been sick with addiction for as long as I can remember and we got everything that comes along with it. The fights the past-due bills and in the end it finally caught up to her and she passed. She would always say at the end of each day
" another day the grimmreeper  and the debt collectors didn't find me"
When they first came they to get me after I called the cops they started to ask everyone in my mom's family if they would take me in and none of them would, I don't blame them for what she did to them they just didn't want anything to do with her and that unfortunately included me. I was shipped off to live with my dad in a completely new place and country, Shore Haven Australia. When I finally got off the plane I was looking around trying to find baggage claim I was looking at the signs above this girl with short blond hair and an oddly shaped mouth ran into me and I felt like I was hit by a truck.
" oh sorry "
" watch where you're going you dumb American "
She hurried off a brunette closely xxx behind they looked like if they didn't catch this plain it would be over. I looked down and I had a cut on the top of my forearm and it was starting to bleed a little of course that would be my luck. I found baggage claim got my bags and walked out of the airport hoping to be able to find who I was looking for.
" Kimberly "
" Who are you "
I was looking at a guy with messy black hair and a 5 o'clock shadow dispute it being noon and an average build and he had a little sign with my name on it 
" I guess I'm your dad "
" yeah ... okay well shall we pack up the car and get on with it "
I could tell that he wasn't thrilled with me being here but we didn't have much of a choice
" Yeah "
We did just that and he drove to a little light green house and helped me bring my things inside and I was given the bedroom that faces the street.
" so do you have anyone "
I asked and he kinda gave me a strange look but he finally said
" I was married once no kids came from it "
" oh I'm sorry I'm guessing mom was just a fling and then surprise "
" Umm I have a dog though her name is Surf and before you laugh it's the name they gave her at the shelter and well it just stuck "
He left and came back with a golden retriever and she instantly started to lick me.
" Look kid wait how old are you "
" 16 "
"OK umm I have to go do some stuff so just do what you want "
He left me with the dog and I just spent the day putting my things away in the light blue room. It was late and he wasn't back so I made a small meal for myself and went to sleep. It didn't last long because even when I closed the odd window slats I could hear strange noises so I gave up and turned on the light and started to read a book to make myself tired but it didn't work because the sun was soon rising. He stumbled in at 6 am and I just waited for him to get up to ask if we could go to a store.
He made a pot of coffee because it seemed like he was the type that needed his coffee then I asked
" what time is it "
" 11 am hey what should I call you "
" Andy "
"OK Andy I was wondering if you could maybe take me to a store so I can get some odds and ends "
" god that accent I hope that goes soon "
He pinched the bridge of his nose like it caused a headache and then he drank some coffee
" so is that a yes "
" Sure "