Chapter 13

Delilah's POV

"Yes math class my favorite" I say to Bridgette as we walked in the classroom and take our seats. She nodded knowing the sarcasm in my voice and rolled my eyes at me like I was overreacting. The bell rang and Sam wasn't seating next to me. I instinctively counted down from ten. Ten.....nine.....eight.....seven.....six.....five.....four.....three...two....one. The door to the classroom swung opened and Sam raced inside. He was late everyday to math class, late so much I figured out how many seconds late he comes in everyday, that's how bad it was. "Eh sorry I'm late...again" Sam said to our teacher Mr.Scats

I rolled my eyes. What an idiot, how much stupider can one person get? I don't know but it probably doesn't get much worse than Sam. Mr.Scats said "Sam you've been late every class this week. You have earned yourself a detention." 

"What!" He said in shockingly then he went closer to the teacher and whispered something too him which I couldn't make out. Mr.Scats voice however was so loud and booming I could always hear him. He said "Well fine, but I need to see all the work you did and you need to do double the amount so I know you actually worked on math."

Then I knew what they were talking about, study session. Does he just think I'm going to help him again after what he did? If he did then he thought wrong, I think I need at least an apology before anything happens. Of course I'm still mad at him, how could I not be he is so ridiculous. But now I have to help him again, great just what I wanted.

He took his seat next to me and I gave him an evil glare before turning to the from of the room. The class started to take notes. I looked out of the corner of my eye and I was watching Sam as he took out a piece of paper. He started writing which I thought was the notes Mr.Scats was writing on the board but he tore off the piece that he wrote on, folded it into halves a couple of times, and pushed the paper closer to me.

I hesitantly opened it and it read "Are you mad at me?"

"Oh is it that obvious?" I responded with my usual sarcasm

"What did I do?" he asked

"Everything" I responded not giving him much of an answer to work with

"Well that really helps me figure out what I had done. Thanks." I noticed the sarcasm he had and I could almost picture him saying this too"

"Your welcome. Now I'm done talking to you" I wrote trying to end the conversation

"No wait I really want to know what I did. Well whatever I did I'm sorry. Remember yesterday when I drove you home, I told you that we wouldn't talk about it then. But this is now so can you please tell me, I want to know." he said trying to continue on the topic

"All you need to know is that your stupid and that I'm not helping you anymore so that's it." I told him I wasn't going to let him break me

The piece of paper that we were writing on was filled up so Sam got out another sheet and wrote "No please I really need you!"

I said "Well maybe you should have thought about that before acting like an idiot!"

Sam said "Look I said I'm sorry what more do you want from me."

"Um maybe a real apology for starters, and if you don't know what an authentic apology is then you need more help in areas besides math." I furiously wrote hoping he would notice

"Well then all the more matter to help me." he asks pleadingly "Look, I know I don't know you that well but there is a good chance you could help me anyway. We can get to know each other I promise you'll like me. Give me one more chance?"

"Okay fine I'll help you but not because I want to but because I think your such a shallow person I just feel pity for you. Oh and I promise you something too, I won't end up liking you, and that's a 100% fact." I told him finally giving in

He answered "Okay after school meet me in the parking lot by my car."

I read his message and then he took the piece of paper from me and read it. He put his pencil down indicating that the conversation was over. I looked from his desk to his face and he was looking me smiling. I gave him a smirk and focused on actual math now. Was this a start to an unwanted relationship?

Sam's POV

I'm walking to math class as the bell goes off. Great I'm late again. I've been late everyday too math class this whole week. I don't know why just a habit I guess.

I walked into math class late and I could feel everybody's eyes on me when I walked in the room. I looked at the class and then I looked at Mr.Scats and he looked very displeased. He threatened to give me a detention. I told him no though and went closer to my teacher so no one else would hear me, so I could still keep the whole thing a secret and so  no one would make fun of me or Delilah . I told him "I can't I am suppose to have a study session today after school with Delilah."

I looked over at Delilah and she looked angry and didn't seem to care about this whole detention problem of mine. I focused my attention back to my teacher and he said "Well fine, but I need to see all the work you did and you need to do double the amount so I know you actually worked on math."  I looked over at Delilah again and she rolled her eyes because she probably knew what Mr.Scats and I were talking about and she was still probably mad at me for something I did. I agreed to his proposition and I took my sea. I looked over at Delilah again and stole another quick glance. She looked really mad her hands and jaws were clenched as they were all yesterday at the library and when I was driving her home. I wanted to know why she was so mad at me, I still haven't figured out what I did wrong but I still needed her and getting rid of me isn't as easy as she thinks.

We were taking notes today in math so I decided this is a good chance to talk to her and figure out why she is mad and if she'll forgive me for whatever I did. I took out a sheet of paper like I was using it to write notes but I had something else in mind. I wrote Delilah a note asking her if and why she was mad at me.

As expected I knew she would be stubborn and wouldn't give me any information that would lead me to figure out why she hated me. She only called me names like stupid and an idiot and said she wouldn't help me anymore.

As much as I needed her help I also wanted it too. I feel like so many people like me for the wrong reasons and if she doesn't like me then she wouldn't be helping me just because I'm popular or attractive.

After trying some more to get at least some answers out of her I was getting frustrated and I told her I was sorry what more does she want from me. Then she told me that I needed help but not just in math. That changed my view on things and maybe she could help me in just more than math because I did kind of feel stupid that I didn't even know what a genuine apology is.

Finally I got her to help me after filling up almost two pieces of paper of our written conversation. I told her to meet me at my car after school today. I let her read the message and I grabbed the paper back from her so she couldn't back out of this one and regret her decision. Now she is stuck with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Over the weekend I got to write two chapters because I didn't get to do anything because my brother is sick and I have been taking care of him. Look how nice I am, but if he gets me sick I don't even know what I'll do ugh. I've been doing nothing but writing, eating, and watching kiddy movies, you wish to have my life. So I'm figuring this is around the middle of the story I'm still not sure how long it will actually be still planning. I hope you think it's good!

~Alyssa <3 :)

-P.S. Fun Fact: I am very stubborn like Delilah. I've been told that from numerous amount of people. I even admit to it sometimes, but that's my personality.