𝐈.

eris watched as the peacekeepers started to become more stricter, covering more areas, having gated locations and security rising

eris watched as the peacekeepers started to become more stricter, covering more areas, having gated locations and security rising. ever since the 74th hunger games, district 11 has commenced uproar in rebellion but the capitol hasn't had it. especially with the winners of the last hunger games coming to district 11 on their victory tour.

wanting to keep district 11 in check, and not have them be seen like a district that is going through the start of their rebellion.

at district 11's victor residency, the young victor was cleaning up her mess, when her mentor, freesia sierra, who had won the 49th hunger games at the age of 18.

her last year of reaping and was paired with a tribute who was her first year of reaping.

symmetry, am i right?

"what are you doing?"

"cleaning my house, dad said that the victors were coming so we had to make the place look tidy"

"they're not coming here specifically" answered freesia

"tell that to my dad"

freesia took a seat as eris cleaned up the table before asking freesia what was she exactly doing here.

"so cardin came to talk to me"

"jesus" mumbled eris

"he's been in the talks with effie trinket thinking about how you should meet with the victors"

"is any other past victors doing the same?"

"no b-"

"so it's a no then, end of story"

freesia walked over to eris who was washing up dishes and stood next to her; her back against the sink and her arms crossed as eris continued to wash.

"you know you're lucky"

"again with this luck, if it's not you, it's my father"

"because i'm right, you didn't have to mentor anyone"

"i was 13 years old when we did the victory tour, who the fuck am i gonna mentor?"

"and you haven't done and forced favors for president snow, because of your age and because of those nasty rumors"

after eris had won the games, there were rumors of eris being a cannibal. saying things about how since she didn't have many sponsors or any idea on how to hunt, she would turn to eat others and using their skin to trick the other tributes.

"what do you mean?"

"just trust me when i say you're lucky post victor life"

"if someone told you the same thing after you won, what would you do?"