𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

70th hunger games

70th hunger games

when the countdown had finished, it all happened so fast. eris had stumbled off her podium and feel on her back. she felt her stomach drop as she scrambled onto her feet and ran towards the cornucopia to grab some weapons. it seemed like the others were occupied so that left eris to be able to sneak past the others and get her weapons.

as eris reaches the cornucopia, she feels herself getting tackled to the ground. the young tribute squirms before she's on her back and facing district 12 tribute, hamish guernsey. he had a knife in his hand, ready to strike down on eris.

part of her wanted to beg and tell hamish that she was just a kid. but then again they were all just kids and eris' words were nothing to hamish who also wanted to win. eris felt her heart pounding, before feeling hamish's knife nick her cheek.

"say your prayers, little one" hamish says

eris can feel her eyes watering. the young tribute takes a deep breath before finally head-putting hamish in the head.

hamish screamed in pain, grabbing hold of his forehead before eris got up and grabbed any items she could before running off into the woods. once eris was running, she didn't look back, not once. there were a few times she tripped and fell, but eris got up and kept running.

𓆱

once eris finally went to a place where she was able to rest up for the moment, she sat down and rummaged through the pack she got. there were some supplies in here that could maintain eris for the next few days or till the supply runs out.

she felt tears falling down her face, it wasn't fair. she didn't want to be here at the games, she was just a kid, she was only 12. it wasn't fair that she had to be here, it wasn't fair that everyone here had to go through the hunger games. they were just kids.

then there was the sound of a branch snapping; eris stopped her crying and sat there in shock. she hastily wiped her tears from her face before sitting there, waiting for them to strike. the young child sat there, knowing she was going to be killed next that she would be the image in the sky.

eris noticed a pinecone on the ground, she grabbed it swiftly before tossing it far from her so whoever was approaching her assumed she was elsewhere. the tribute sat there for a few seconds, before taking a quick breath in and tossed the pinecone away from her in hopes it got the attention of the other tribute.

when the pinecone fell to the ground, footsteps ran in that direction giving eris a sigh of relief.

she got up and looked up at the tree, knowing that she had to climb up it now in order to keep herself hidden or even at an advantage.

DAY 2

the following day, eris was picking fruits to eat for herself, aware of what was poisonous and not. however when eris was picking the fruit, she felt someone staring at her. the young child turned to look to see someone in the bushes.