𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄

2296—the 70th hunger games

eris gripped tightly to her blade, looking at germino gladys, from district 7.

"just give up, you won't be able to beat me" germino snapped

eris doesn't say a word. she doesn't know how many days it's been, how many hours have passed. what moon phase was currently up (which was something eris always looked forward to every night). all she knew was that she had blood all over her, she possibly reeked of the dirt and dried blood on her and who knows what else.

"aw, cats got your tongue?" gernino taunts

eris takes a deep breath, she looks at germino who held his own weapon. it was just them, and although eris wanted to cry, scream and whatever else, she knew she couldn't but then how would she win the game? how would she return back home?

"last words?"

eris still doesn't say anything.

"your loss"

germino lunges towards eris but just as he thinks he won, the young girl stabs him right in the heart. germino looks down at the blade where it's at before looking at eris who has no emotion on her face.

blood started to pour out of his mouth before eris pushed germino on the ground, blade still intact. eris walked over and stood over germino's bloody body.

"p-please" germino coughs up the blood as it continues to come out

eris lifts up her foot and steps on the blade to push it in even more. germino lets out a pain before eris finally twists the blade and yanks it out, killing germino instantly. there was silence for a few seconds nothing but the sound of the arena echoed out before finally a voice from either the game maker or caesar says: "THE WINNER OF THE 70TH HUNGER GAMES IS ERIS EYRE"

eris looks at germino's lifeless body till they come to take her out of her.

winner or not, eris doesn't feel like a champion. she doesn't care about the luxury of living in the victors residency with her family or even being showered with gifts because what was a lifetime of all of this going to do for eris? nothing, it wasn't going to change the fact she killed innocent people and lost her own innocence along the way.

𓆱

after eris had returned to district 11, she was mute. she didn't talk for a while; which put her mother into misery. eris' dad, elijah grew upset with the fact that eris not speaking was causing the depression of her mother.

"don't you see how you're hurting you're mother!? do you want her to suffer!?" shouted elijah

eris would just stare with no emotion in her eyes.

the pain of eris not speaking at all caused her mother to fall ill and eventually die. elijah would snarl at eris saying that her mother was now dead and that she never talked to her and she'll never get to talk to her again.