𝐕𝐈𝐈

eris stared at the water, she sat there feeling embarrassed about her actions and even more embarrassed about finnick scolding her in front of peeta and katniss

eris stared at the water, she sat there feeling embarrassed about her actions and even more embarrassed about finnick scolding her in front of peeta and katniss. the young teen hugged her knees, and an angry look on her face. she was ashamed of herself but it wasn't her fault that she had issues, it wasn't her fault at all that she was made this way.

she was just a kid.

she didn't like to be violent, but it was the only way to place distance between her and others. that includes freesia. which made her feel even worse considering the whole time preparing for the game, eris was a bitch to freesia who just wanted her to get out of here.

she hears footsteps approach her, she thinks it's finnick but instead it's peeta.

"i'm sorry finnick snapped at you"

eris looks away from him, not wanting to show how upset she was. but peeta didn't walk away.

"i didn't mean to offend you or anything by giving you the pearl, i just thought you would like it"

eris wanted to look around for the pearl, thinking she lost it. the young teen didn't want to show she cared about losing it but she did care.

"here" peeta kneeled down and handed her the pearl again

"what? you kept it?"

"i really want you to have it"

eris stares at it before she says something, finnick yells something—-someone's name.

"finnick!" it was johanna with beetee and wiress (or nuts and volts)

"look more allies" peeta says to katniss

katniss and peeta walk ahead to the others while eris picks herself up and makes her way over.

"and at first we thought it was rain but then it started to pour and we realize how thick it was and finally notice it was rain" johanna was explaining the blood rain that eris had experiences earlier

"eris went through the same thing" responded finnick

johanna looks over at the youngest tribute who stays quiet and keeps her distance.

"why so quiet?"

eris doesn't answer as she remains at her distance. johanna frowns and starts to taunt eris saying her whole lone wolf act was wearing off and the only thing she was doing was putting a bigger target on her back.

"i saw glimmer coming towards you, those careers really want your head" johanna shares

"weren't you the same in your game? all quiet and silent till you gruesomely killed tributes"

"hey we all have our ways, just like yours being killing tributes and eating them" johanna said

finnick stepped in telling johanna that was enough.