Chapter 9: What are We.....

Disclaimer!: I DO NOT OWN ONE PIECE! I own my OC(s), and that's just it, we are on a fanfiction site/ story site.

Time for the chapter!

Chapter 9: What are We....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Are we ........?! OR ARE WE .........?! ~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Location: ??????, North Blue ; May 4th.; Morning -- Astrid: 12 years old ]

The day was long.

The sun beared on us, as we sneaked off the boat, with us both trying not to make a sound for danger still lurked around the corner.

The people of Flevance were no more, save for us two, and I, a witness of the events that took place, was helpless.

We all were helpless to the events that unfolded.

The jolts of pain from being shot on the side have not been pleasant, and my glasses were starting to crack.

My hair covered, dirtied with mud and debris as a bandana covered the stars that it held for extra measure.

Law and I walked and walked and walked in silence, away from the boat.

Far, far, far away.

Was it because we were both traumatized? Was it because we couldn't even save the people that we loved? Was it because the world basically turned their backs, turned a blind eye, and now.....

Ahhhh, what to do now....

The world can truly be cruel sometimes.

Law....was angry with the world. Angry with the injustice. Angry and sick and wanted to watch the world burn.

I, in some twisted way, understood. I'm angry and I felt wronged and I understood.

Living my life as a pirate....a somewhat morally gray pirate.....I understood....

We walked a sizable distance before Law broke the silence.

"Astrid-oneesan."

Law was looking at my wound, gesturing for me to sit down as I brought up my shirt.

"You're lucky that the bullet went through cleanly."

Law was bandaging me up with the supplies I had stored in my arm. His ability to give stitches has gotten way better.

I was lucky that it didn't hit any of my organs.

I was oh-so-lucky....

I could only nod my head as I stared at the ground.

I don't mean to give the silent treatment, but I feel that if I try to speak ....I'm going to tear up.

I feel a deep pit in my stomach. I can't look Law in the eye. I just can't.

Guilty.

I was right about everything. I tried to help. I tried, tried, and tried some more.

Now..I just feel guilty that I couldn't protect every-.

[TWACK]

"OWWWWW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR, LAW?!"

I rubbed my forehead as Law stared at me.

...

...

...

Awkward silence.....a weird staring contest....