Chapter 6.5: Crazy, The More You Know

Disclaimer!: I DO NOT OWN ONE PIECE! I own my OC(s), and that's just it, we are on a fanfiction site/ story site.

Time for the chapter!

Chapter 6.5: Crazy, The More You Know

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ What would I do without you? ~

-------------------------------------------------------------

[While Under her Uncle Mihawk's Care; Astrid: About 8.8 years old]

"Uncle Mihawk?"

"Yes, dear niece?" Her Uncle put down his paper, sitting on his chair as they sailed to their destination, glancing at his niece as he waited for her to continue.

"If you could have anything in the world, what would you want?"

Astrid was drawing, her drawing prowess was certainly improving, from what he could tell. Were they exactly like the objects that she drew?

No.

Her drawings from the beginning of their journey together compared to the present have shown that she was getting things likeness down, just a touch of perspective was needed. Some things would look a bit flat, some things needed more depth, shading....

But she is still learning.

He collected his thoughts in order to answer, shuffling the paper to a nearby crate next to him as he grabbed his glass of water.

"I don't like being bored. Duels keep my intrigue, and take away the boredom."

Astrid held a puzzled look on her face as she turned towards him, stopping what she was doing.

"Is teaching me boring?" She pointed towards herself, her mouth slowly forming into a rather uneasy W. Her eyes, even behind the distortion of her glasses, nearly became two black dots.

Her Uncle grew silent, before he responded, "far from it...", he looked the other way, up at the sky.

Astrid let out a sigh of relief, "that's great to hear!", she chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Nee, Uncle Mihawk, when's your birthday?" Her eyes held a little sparkle.

"March 9th, dear niece."

That was when Astrid accidentally broke her drawing pencil.

"YOU HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS DAD!!!!" Her mouth went wide as she directed a big smile towards her Uncle, jumping up as she looked up to him.

"THAT'S AMAZING!! TWO OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY!!" bustling with energy, Astrid did something random.

She ran overboard, to swim in the ocean.

Was her Uncle Mihawk surprised?

No, he learned early on that Astrid always does something when she gets too excited, riled up, or just needs to think....so this was within what she usually does.

She called out, "I'm going to do a few laps before coming back up Uncle!!"

He didn't respond back, but he was always at the ready if something were to run awry, or if his dear niece were in need of help.

He sighed.

In a whisper that Astrid wouldn't be able to hear, he muttered "You would never be boring, dear niece."

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Before Training with her Uncle Mihawk; Astrid: About 7 years old]