Chapter 2.5: What is Left Behind? And What Comes Next?

Disclaimer!: I DO NOT OWN ONE PIECE! I own my OC(s), and that's just it, we are on a fanfiction site/ story site.

Time for the chapter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ If I ever lose my way, can I trust that you will help guide me back? ~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Location: Celestial Plane ; Specific Name: Margaret's Cottage ; One Piece World Clock: 09/08/XXXX]

The two individuals, having waved to the new Child as she made her way past the threshold, decided to hold a drink.

A drink before the storm.

The both of them, knowing what was in store for that Child, what the previous Childs' have faced, each and every one facing a fate worse.....and worse....and worse than the other.

The Fates, other Gods, among other certain individuals, had decided to peer into what was happening while her friends were still mourning her loss.

Peered into what had happened to the previous Child, the 12th Child, and how he died in the arms of his brother.

Peered into the new Child's future.

Her UNCERTAIN and MADDENING future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I must ask, why didn't you properly introduce yourself to her?", Margaret twirled her drink, both her and Steven sitting at the dining room table.

The laptop, set out in front of them, streaming live coverage of the current Child, the 12th, fighting the Marines.

His demise drawing nearer.

"We Gods don't need ta introduce ourselves properly ta mere mortals, much less ta someone who'll probably die before she turns 18."

"But you don't know that, at least, not yet. We don't know that yet."

"I didn't want this responsibility in the first place," Steven scoffed, "to think I would be this unlucky and getta lass that looks so uninteresting....tch."

He takes a sip of beer.

Margaret thought, as she looked at the monitor, choosing the right words to counter, "Then why let her hug you?"

"I can at least be respectful enough, she doesn't have long."

"BUT WE DON'T KNOW THAT."

"Itsa always the same. Met with some unfortunate tragedy. Some horrible accident. Even the ones that lived a 'good' life, end up havin' something horrible happen. Out of all the Gods pulling straws, I'd be burdened with the responsibility of being her handler."

He takes another sip.

The room became silent, as they watched the screen. The 12th was laughing, swinging his blade as he bested Marine after Marine.

Using his gifts, his powers, he gained the upper hand as his body grew weaker.

Then, two Marines came out of nowhere.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING RYUZAKI?!", one of the Marines shouted, coating his fist with Armament Haki.

The other Marine, slowly turning gold.

"What does it look like I'm doing, GARP! What does it look like I'm doing, my dear, younger, BROTHER! I'm going to die fighting!"

A maniacal gleam in his black eyes, his high ponytail of black and silver hair swaying in the wind, his blue kimono looking disheveled and bloodied in the midst of the chaos.