Barista | Hanbin x Ricky

Ricky thinks he accidentally walked into a movie set because the barista of the small cafe looks like the main character in a drama. He tried to read his name tag without being too obvious.

Hanbing?

Ricky just guesses, noting he needs to take more Korean classes.

He was immediately greeted with a warm smile by the barista. "Hello, what can I get you?"

And Ricky isn't sure—at least not anymore. He always gets a strawberry matcha milk tea at any cafe he goes to, but now his brain is scrambling to find the Korean words. Maybe Gyuvin was right; he can't just get by in life by being "cute." The only words that came to mind are either Chinese or English.

So Ricky starts to stutter, panicking that the boy is judging him for taking too long. He doesn't want to be a burden to this ridiculously hot man.

"Take your time, no worries. If you're having trouble reading the menu, let me know and I can pause the screen." Hanbin says this while refilling the cups.

By the time Hanbin finishes restocking the cups, Ricky's able to remember part of his order, or, more like, one word. Well, fuck it. He decides he's just going to go for it, and whatever happens, happens. He's glad no one else was in line, or he might've just run away.

Ricky's starts off in a very broken, shaky Korean. "Ehm..straw..berry..uh."

But when he gets the confidence to look at the boy, he's not judging him. In fact, Hanbin listened attentively to him. There's no judgement in his eyes.

"Fuck sorry...uh strawberry.." Ricky apologizes, not remembering the word matcha.

"Strawberry matcha milk tea." Ricky says in English, adding a Korean accent so it's easier to understand. And Ricky hopes the boy knows what he's talking about, or he'll end up looking stupid.

Realization hits Hanbin when he realizes the boy might be a foreigner. Even when Ricky stepped into the cafe, Hanbin noticed his features were sharper and more alluring . Then came the boy having trouble reading something off the menu and despite hanbin your most lorean korean ever, he knew a lick of english .

He wasn't confident in holding a conversation, but he could pick out parts and understand. His best friend, Matthew, was Canadian, so Hanbin got his English lessons there. Plus, a lot of tourists popped in, so this wasn't new to Hanbin.

"Strawberry matcha milk tea? What size would you like?" Hanbin responded in English.

A wave of relief rushed over Ricky. "Medium please."

"Alright. My English isn't very good. Sorry about that." Hanbin apologizes, switching to Korean, which Ricky understands.

"Name?"

"Ricky."

A few minutes later, Ricky picked up his cup and looked at the name. "You spelled it wrong."

Hanbin rarely messes up anything, so when Ricky pointed out his name was wrong, he immediately tried to fix it.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry! Here, let me rewrite that for you!" Hanbin said trying to take the cup back.

But Ricky just walked out of the store, leaving him baffled with a sharpie in his hand.

"Yeah, you're really stupid." Gyuvin agreed.

Ricky threw his empty cup at Gyuvin's head, which earned him an "ow" and a hit back too.

"Don't agree with me! I was nervous, and I didn't realize I was speaking out loud!"

"So you walked away instead?"

"I want to meet this mysterious, handsome barista myself." Gyuvin teased.

Ricky stared into his Korean textbook, studying more so all of this wouldn't happen again. "Fuck you, this man is mine. Go find your new prey somewhere else."

"Already claiming him, huh? I'm kidding; I don't have time to find my soulmate. School is a bitch enough. If you're going again tomorrow, will you at least get me a drink too?"

Ricky rolled his eyes. "You still owe me from last time."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, here." Gyuvin reached into his pocket to pull out whatever cash he had in there and threw it at Ricky.

"Am I a stripper or something? You could've just handed it to me; you didn't have to throw it."

"Yeah, you are actually." Gyuvin leaned to rest on his arm. "Get up and bend over."

The next day, Ricky found himself in front of the cafe again, this time a little busier than last time. He was here to grab a drink for him, not Gyuvin. He wasn't going to pick up Gyuvins seven dollars off the floor, especially not after his comment.

Hanbin seemed to recognize him as he greeted him by name. "Ricky right? Your back! What can I get you?"

Ricky practiced his order at home, perfecting it. "Strawberry matcha milk tea, please, in a medium as well."

Hanbin hummed, putting it into the system. "How do I spell your name this time, Ricky?"

Yesterday Hanbin forgot the "c" so Ricky made sure to slowly pronounce it this time. And when Ricky went to go pick up his cup to check the name, he saw his name in cursive with a cat drawing next to it.

"I think it looks like you."

Ricky looked up to see Hanbin peering at him, totally not paying attention to the line starting to form on the other side.

"You're totally a hamster then."

Hanbin let out a hypnotizing laugh that drew Ricky in even more. "You're so cute, Ricky. How about we go for food after my shift?"

"There's a street market near by; we could go there?"

"Sounds great. I get off in 15, wait for me?"

Ricky thought about it and looked over to the line of customers, who looked impatient. "You won't be getting off anytime soon if you don't hurry and start taking orders."

Hanbin looked behind him, horrored to see how many people lined up in the 3 minutes they'd been talking.

"Ah! Sit there, Ricky! I'll be off soon!" Hanbin said as he ran off apologizing for the wait.

And no Hanbin did not get off in time and Ricky sat there waiting for 40 minutes.

I have a lot of requests i need to catch up on so hold on and i'll get to them eventually😭