Halloween Night | Zb1

"Don't you think we're kinda old to be doing this?" Taerae asked.

"Your 15 taerae, you'll live. It's not like you're going to see the love of your life anyway. Plus, Yujin's still a kid, let's let him have fun." Jiwoong responded.

Yujin, who was only ten at the time, begged his parents to let him go with all his older friends this year. Jiwoong, being the oldest (18), was trusted by Yujin's parents, so they let their son go.

"Gyuvin, stop hitting me!" Ricky exclaimed, tired of the other bugging him. "Hao hyung..! Save me!"

Ricky ran to Zhanghao's side, hugging him dearly. Ricky and Gyuvin were both the same age, 13 years old. Zhanghao was a little younger than Jiwoong and was 17.

Jiwoong, Zhanghao, and Hanbin were reliable parental figures for the younger ones.

"Gyuvin, stop hitting Ricky, or we'll send you home!" Zhanghao scolded.

This frightened Gyuvin, as he didn't want to go home and be alone. "Hanbin hyung, I don't want to go home!"

Gyuvin ran to hug Hanbin, just like how ricky ran to Zhanghao. Despite the two bickering often, they were so similar.

"Hao hyung is just joking Gyuvin." Hanbin ruffled the brunette's hair.

Hanbin was secretly Gyuvin's favourite hyung, but he'd never tell him that.

Gunwook and Yujin were holding hands side by side so they wouldn't get "lost".

"Aren't they so cute?" Matthew exclaimed, making sure to take a picture of the sweet moment.

"I can't believe we're friends with a bunch of elementary kids.." Taerae laughed.

"Be glad we aren't a grandpa like Jiwoong yet!"

"There there!" Yujin pointed towards a very festive house. "They always have good candy!"

Yujin started to run, dragging Gunwook along with him.

"Yujin, slow down! Don't drag gunwook like that, oh my god-!" Jiwoong yelled, going after the duo.

Gyuvin released his grip on Hanbin and shyly walked up to Ricky, holding his hand out. "Ricky should we go too?"

Ricky chuckled at the boys nervousness. "Yes shim gyuvin!" Ricky took his hand, and the two walked together with the rest of the group behind them.

"We're we that gay at thirteen too?" Hanbin asked Hao.

"Short answer, yes. You were exactly like Ricky and Gyuvin." Taerae interrupted.

Zhanghao scoffed as they reached the door step with the rest of the group.

The four younger boys yelled once the door opened.

"Trick or treat!"

After a few more rounds of houses, their bags got heavier and heavier. Yujin's eyelids were starting to droop too, so they ended up dropping the youngest home first while they continued their night.

"Pssst! Ricky!" Gyuvin whispered.

"Why are you whispering gyu?" Ricky giggled. Gyuvin could be silly sometimes, and it always lit Ricky up.

Gyuvin reached into his bag and took out a piece of his own candy to put in Ricky's bag. More specifically, it was Ricky's and Gyuvin's favourite candy.

Yes, they both had the same favourite candy. It was strawberry and mango flavour, combining both of their favourite fruits.

"Why'd you give that to me gyu? You like it too!" Ricky huffed, reaching into his stash to give it back.

But before Ricky could, Gyuvin ran away to his favourite hyung.

"What was that all about, huh?" Zhanghao asked the other Chinese boy.

"Gyuvin just gave me his candy and then ran off! He didn't even tell me why!"

Zhanghao laughed. This was all too familiar to him. Hanbin used to do the same thing; he would drop gifts off at Zhanghao's desk and run away with no explanation.

"Maybe he likes you Ricky."

Ricky looked like he just saw a ghost when Zhanghao said that.

"I'm kidding Ricky." Zhanghao laughed off. "Or maybe I'm not.."

Ricky looked over at the gyuvin and hanbin, who were giggling about something.

Sometimes it felt like they were all playing house. Zhanghao and Ricky had a father-son dynamic, and so did Gyuvin and Hanbin.

"Don't be jealous ricky, you know Gyuvin has a soft spot for you even if you don't want to admit it."

It was like Hao had a third sense for Ricky's thoughts. Ricky always wondered how he always knew what he was feeling.

"How did you and Hanbin hyung get together?" Ricky asked.

"I'm not sure I'm gonna  tell a thirteen-year-old boy about my love life. Maybe another day, Ricky."

Ricky pouted.

"But I will tell you that you should give Gyuvin something back. He gave you something, so it's only fair you do the same." Zhanghao added.

After giving it some thought, Ricky walked up to Gyuvin. He didn't want to give him some candy; that would be unoriginal, and Ricky liked to be unique.

Gyuvin, who was still talking to Hanbin, felt someone behind him. He turned around to see the blonde.

"Ricky?"

Mwah.

In return, Ricky had given a peck on Gyuvin's cheek. And being a middle schooler, he ran away afterwards.

"That was definitely not what I meant by giving him something back.." Zhanghao mumbled in shock.

"Anyways...let's just hit up the next house before Gunwook gets tired too." Jiwoong said, brushing it off.

Ricky, who covered his face with his hands, peeked over to see Gyuvin, who looked like sunshine in the dark night, giving him the biggest simile ever.

"That was so gay." Taerae whispered to Matthew.

"That's how I feel when you're with Junhyeon."

"You can't be talking Matthew, we all know you like Jiwoong Hyung." Gunwook interrupted their conversation.

"What the fuck..?" Matthew mumbled.

And that's how Matthew threw hands with a twelve-year-old gunwook. :)

Shimkongz are so cute <3