Worst Birthday Ever | Gyuvin x Ricky

This is a new story i started so if you want to read more or stay updated on this series go check it out!

Warning | Mentions of depression and suicidal thoughts

Two years ago, on August 30th, was Gyuvin's birthday. He texted Ricky to come over to his apartment, and the other agreed. They had all hung out with their friends, but he wanted alone time with Ricky.

Quanruishen
coming now

I miss you <3

That was the last text or interaction he'd get from Ricky.

Ricky didn't live all that far from Gyuvin, and it was only a ten-minute walk, so when it hit the thirty-minute mark since that last text, Gyuvin was starting to worry.

Gyuvin sat on his couch, staring at the door. "What's taking him so long?" Gyuvin mumbled, starting to feel antsy.

Only a couple minutes later, Gyuvin had enough and grabbed his jacket. There was something uneasy about this, and Gyuvin wasn't going to sit around waiting. Something wasn't right.

He slipped on an old pair of sneakers Ricky had gotten him for Christmas and headed out the door. Being August, it wasn't that cold, but Gyuvin was definitely starting to regret not wearing a sweater.

"Stupid Ricky, making me worry." Gyuvin huffed as he headed towards Ricky's house. It was probably nothing, right? Ricky was probably at home touching up his makeup and lost track of time.

Yeah, that made sense, right? Well, that's what Gyuvin wanted to believe anyway. He was probably being dramatic.

To get to each other's houses, there was a crosswalk that either one of them needed to take; it was the only way to get to each other's houses.

That's why, as Gyuvin got closer to the crosswalk, he was confused.

Police lights flashed brightly, an ambulance was there and seemed hectic, and he saw a car with major front damage.

Gyuvin thought it was probably a drunk driving accident as their area was full of young adults and popular clubs and bars weren't too far away.

But he just couldn't get the weird feeling away. Something about the whole situation wasn't right.

He was much closer to the accident by now and saw the medical team pushing someone on a gourney.

Someone blonde. Someone too familiar too gyuvin.

Only now did anxiety and panic kick in. Although the rest of Ricky's body was covered by a tarp, he could instantly recognize Ricky by his hair and silhouette; after all, he grew up with Ricky.

"Ricky!" Gyuvin shouted out, trying to get closer, but was held back by a police officer.

"Sir, please take a step back!"

Gyuvin, who could only think about Ricky right now, was panicking. There were too many questions that went unanswered right now. His best friend, his crush, and  his everything  were being hauled away in an ambulance.

"No, please, I know him! Ricky!" Gyuvin yelled out one last time before the ambulance started to drive away. Gyuvin's eyes started to tear up, and he saw the ambulance lights disappear into the night.

"You know the victim? Oh, you must be gyuvin, right?"

"Yes yes! Please tell me he's alright." Gyuvin's voice cracked. He couldn't imagine life without him. It seemed unbearable.

"The victim, or Ricky, was hit with a car. We have arrested the driver, who we think was under the influence. A passerby called the police, and we found Ricky unresponsive on the ground. We think Ricky was texting or on his phone, and the drunk driver wasn't paying attention and hit him."