Video

M

If you’re wondering whether I got my side checked out, I didn’t. I didn’t want to make a big deal about it. I’ve endured a lot worse, a lot worse. We dropped Bea off and pretended like everything was fine. I know I'm worried about DiDi. But tonight’s the party and I don’t want to ruin it.

When I wake up I can feel the burns in the side of my body. I walk up to the mirror and pull my shirt up to reveal burn marks and a lot of red skin. I pull it back down and then roll my shirt sleeve to reveal a black and blue nasty looking handprint bruise. Ouch. I'll definitely have to wear my leather jacket tonight. Luckily it's December so everyone will be wearing jackets.

Today is a half day so we go through all our classes before the ball tonight.

Mal

Evie walks into the castle around 12 noon to drop off all the outfits.

“So do you know anything about this surprise? It obviously has to do with Belle and Adam’s dance.”

“I can’t say” She smirks.

“E!” I whine

“I promised so my lips are sealed.”

I playfully roll my eyes.

“Why don’t we try on your dresses.”

Ben

Jane comes bursting through the door and says, “Ben you have to see this. The paparazzi are going crazy! Charlie posted a video of Bea at the Mall with M and Heidi? I thought you had the kids?”

“I did, but then Bea got fussy and Mason and Blake wanted to go to the sports store, and Heidi offered to watch her and stay in the area.”

“Well look at this.”

The video showed Mr. Winslow yelling at M and Heidi. Heidi was holding Bea as M was standing protectively in front of. Then Mr. Winslow grabs M roughly by the arm. The camera faces Charlie, Allie and their friends laughing hysterically. It turns back to Mr. Winslow as he drags her to the back. Heidi follows behind. The video stops for a moment before the whole scene changes. I guess Charlie and them followed and recorded from behind. And that’s when I saw 3 fireballs get thrown at M. The video cuts off with the group laughing.

That’s my daughter! No wait, I need to find her. And I need to tell Mal,

“The paparazzi have gotten a hold of it and it’s trending, Mr. Winslow also made a statement.”

I sigh, “We need to shut it down,”

“I’ll get Carlos on it right away”

“Thank you Jane” I try to smile.

Once she walks out the door I rush out to the infirmary to see if M went there for treatment. On my way I call Mal,

“Hey Benny”

“Mal, have you seen the news?”

“Uh- no Evie was over to try on dresses. Why? What’s wrong”

“Just look at the news and meet me at Auradon Prep please”

“Okay- okay, uh, I’m on my way”

Mal

I immediately get into the limo,

“Auradon Prep please”

“Yes your majesty,” says our driver Terrence.

We start driving as I’m looking at the news articles. I was searching but then one title stood out to me.

New VKs with the Princess of Auradon Hurt by a Store Owner.

This is what Ben was talking about. OMGods that’s M. Bea? Who is that man? I’m going kill that man for touching my daughters.

It took way too long to get there but when I did I ran in to meet Ben.

“Ben?!” I yell. No answer so when I run into Jane.

“Hey, uh have you seen Ben?”

“Yeah a few minutes ago actually, near the infirmary”

“Thank you, oh and can you call M and DiDi to the main office”

“Sure thing”

I run the rest of the day and meet him pacing back and forth.

“Ben!” I call out.

His eyes catches mine and he say,

“She didn’t come to the infirmary,” he says.

“I asked Jane to call her down to the main office.” I replied.

“Okay,” he says.

M

On the loudspeaker the headmistress comes on, “M and Heidi Hearts, please come to the main office, please, M and Heidi Hearts to the main office”

“Ooooo what did you guys do this time” another girl and boy taunts.

I ignore them and just focus on walking down to the office.

“M? What did we do?” DiDi asks running down the hall to meet me.

“I have no clue,”I sigh.

We get to the main office and walk in. There sits the Queen and King.

“Please sit,”

We sit in the chairs and Mal continues,

“We saw the video,”

“What video” DiDi inquires.

“This one,” Ben says, handing his phone over.

Oh shiitake mushrooms! They recorded it? That’s dumb.

“Ben told me that you and M were watching Bea. And I thank you both for protecting her. But I can tell you that that must have done a lot of damage. We already talked to the nurse here and she said you did not come in. Now we want you to get checked out”

I kinda get a little confused, “Why do you care?”

Mal and Ben sighs and turns to DiDi,

“Do you mind stepping out for a moment?”

“Sure” she responds and sends me a comforting look.

Dewy climbs off my shoulder and sits on my lap.

“The truth is that you’re our daughter, you’re Princess Malina” Ben reveals.