Family Day Pt.2

Mal

Once the song finishes, we all roar and applause. That song was so good.

“Thank you so much” they all smile.

The hop down, and I bring Mason, Blake, and Bea to see their grandparents before heading back to the art section to vote.

“Okay the votes are all in. Here are the results” Rapunzel says, handing me the sealed envelopes.

“Ready to announce it?” Kelly asks.

We make our way over, and Cassandra walks to the microphone,

“Good morning. we hope you all are having a wonderful time. We had a contest for the artwork shown here. The first place winner gets their artwork hung in the art department of Auradon Prep. Here are the winners. ”

Kelly opens the first envelope, “Third place goes … Mary Susan!”

A loud cheer happens, and a blond-haired girl walks up to claim her medal from Mal.

“Second place goes to… Maxwell Thompson!” Melody announces.

Applause is heard as the boy walks up to receive his medal.

“And the winner of this year's Art Competition is… M!”

The black haired girl looked over in confusion. I wave her up, and she looks to her friends to tell them she'll be back.

She slowly walks up while everyone is clapping.

“Congratulations honey” I smile. I gesture to the photographer so we pose, and I hand her her certificate and trophy.

When all that's done, we go back to talking and socializing until we hear,

“You Vks mess everything up. Why don’t you just leave!”

Everyones’ heads whip to see that it was Charlie saying that stuff. M, Heidi, Aaron, and Sawyer were all together as Una, Gabe, Ava, and Aiden walked over to see what was going on.

“Does anyone else notice you use the same explanation whenever you’re trying to paint a bad picture of us. You always say we mess up, we ruined something, blah, blah. If you’re going to accuse us, at least make a viable case” M said.

“Why are you even here? It’s called Family Day” another girl said,

“Who are you?” Sawyer asks, looking generally confused.

“She’s my sister, Allie, and it’s a fair point! Why are you here?”

Heidi speaks up, “Queen Mal and King Ben invited us.”

“Wow you’re being downgraded to charity work.” she snickers.

Ben and I exchange glances before we say, “They’re not charity work. We invited them so that they could enjoy Family Day too.”

“They’re not just enjoying it. They’re ruining it! Max got second place for the art contest. He is the best artist here. How do you explain that?She must have cheated.”

“I didn’t, I swear on the gods”

Heidi butts in, “I can testify. M was working on it while we were doing school work. Dewy can, too. It took her all week”

M smiles as a thanks to DiDi, and Aaron speaks up too, “M would never cheat. She has a knack for art. Plus, there were no names on the front of the artwork, so it's fair.”

“Wait who's Dewy?” Charlie inquires.

M carefully lifts something off her shoulder and holds her palm out. It was a little magical creature. He was pretty cute.

“Ew it's a rat” Allie gags.

“He's not a rat” Sawyer defends,

“Yeah not even close” Aaron says, shaking his head.

M then places Dewy on her shoulder again before Charlie continues her rant.

“Whatever I just think, these villains are ruining Auradon”

“You know your queen is a villain kid. The council has villain kids. The world changes,” Gabe explains.

That left Charlie speechless. He and Allie just dramatically walk away, “I’m telling my parents on you all”

The group turns around to Ben, Mason, Blake, Bea, and I.

“Don’t worry, I know their parents” Ben sighs.

“Hey, so because this really didn’t work out, do you all want to come to the castle for dinner? We can get you all rides to and from as well.”

Heidi speaks up for the 4 of them, “Sure, semi formal?”

“Um..” I think, “how about semi formal to casual. Oh, and uh, you all are welcome too” I say to my friends and to our parents.”

“Okay,” they smile.

“How about around 6 pm?”

I know it was random. It caught everyone off guard. We spend time with the new VKs but never like this. We never invited them to any of our royal or private functions. But I feel a connection to M. I’ve told Ben that and he admitted that he felt the same way. Ever since I met her I’ve been having these dreams about this purplette girl. She’s a teen, and she looks at me, but her face is blurry. I reach out and ask who she is, but then she starts running. I ran after her but then I woke up. Ben and I are investigating more on M and her origin.

M

We get back to the dorm, and DiDi picks out our outfits.

“DiDi I love you, but she said semi formal to casual. This gives off a royal ball” I chuckle.

“Hey I went a little overboard with the tulle” she laughs back, “how about this? Are you wearing your necklace.”

“Much better, and yes, I am

“Much better, and yes, I am. Thank you. Dewy, I'm sorry Allie called you a rat. Are you okay?” I say out loud.

He makes some little noises and then rubs his tummy.

“I know you're hungry, we're going to get food soon” I laugh, glad he's not upset.

*knock* knock*

DiDi, dressed in a blue dress, walks over and opens the door.

“Sawyer? Aaron, it's only 5:25pm” she says, checking her watch.

“A man named Lumiere came and said the limo is already here,” Aaron explains.

“Nooo! I need at least 7 more minutes” DiDi stresses.

“Di, breathe, it’s okay” I tell her.

“We have plenty of time,” Sawyer assures.