Eventful Day Out

DiDi

It’s the last day of rehearsals. M helped me to finish our outfits last night so I’m a lot less stressed. Evie called this morning and said that everything is ready to go so I am super excited.

“Okay guys, let’s get pumped! You all are doing so well and we would like to thank you all for making this happen.” M announces.

Dewy is pumping his tiny arms and has a cute look on his face.

“Evie sent the dresses and suits, do we want to try it with everything?” I offer.

A numerous amount of nods  are seen so M and I roll in the rack.

Jane

We are getting the last amount of decorations ready for tonight. I am very happy. And for some reason Evie said we are getting 2 dresses and yesterday she sent a video of choreography to learn. She wouldn’t tell us why though. I even called Mal and Lonnie to see if Evie told them anything more, but she had been that secretive with them too.

“Mrs. De Vil, where do you want this banner?”

“Right in the center I guess” I answer.

“Jane?” I hear my husband call.

“In here” I yell back.

He walks in with Dude and grins, “ Hey babe, how’s your day?”

“Good, and yours”

“Better now that I see you” he says, wrapping his arms around me.

“Speaking of when should we tell Carson and Callie about their new sibling?” I ask.

He places his hands on my 3 month bump which makes me giggle.

“How about tonight?” He whispers in my ear, kissing my neck.

“Hey we’re already expecting, let’s not have this be like last time.” I giggle,

“Twins were such a surprise though”

I just chuckled and we  just stood there in each other’s arms for a while.

M

I’m sitting on my bed after rehearsals going through the stuff I brought with me. My half dragon necklace, my “spell book” and some of my artwork.

I take off my wig for a moment. Surprisingly it gets hot underneath and I have a good amount of hair. While I let my purple hair down Dewy jumps down in front.

He wiggle and does his signs,

“I don’t know what’s wrong,”

He continues,

“I feel like something is missing, it feels weird. I don’t know why I still have dreams about Queen Mal. I really don’t understand. Mother Gothel will come back for me, I can feel it.”

He does a weird gesture to the mirror, so I walk over. I barely recognize myself. I never see myself with purple hair. My eyes suddenly glow green. I feel all warm and then it dissipates. The green eyes dull down to my normal eye color. I suddenly get a little light headed so I sit down. What am I doing here?

A million thoughts in my head
Should I let my heart keep listening
'Cause up 'til now I've walked the line
Nothing lost but something missing

I can't decide
What's wrong, what's right
Which way should I go?

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling
Is this just a dream?
Ah oh, yeah

If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
Ah oh, if only
If only
If only

As I stop singing a single tear falls. The door starts to open and so I quickly fix my wig on.

“Hey M, are you ready for our shopping spree?” She questions,

“Oh- uh yeah, let’s go” I smile and stand. Dewy hops up on my arm and climbs to my shoulder as we leave,

DiDi

We go to the fabric store, the art shop and others around the mall. That’s when we ran into King Ben with Mason, Blake and Bea.

“Oh hey guys” Ben smiles.

“Hi,” we start saying before Bea starts whining.

“Dada I no her (Dad I don’t want to be here)”

“I know sweets but your brothers want to go to the sports store.” Ben reasons.

She looks like she’s about to have a meltdown so we decide to intercede,

“Do you want us to take her, and you can take Mason and Blake to the store?”

“You would do that for me? Thank you so much girls.” He says.

He hands M the little girl as Dewy shifts over. The girl immediately relaxes in her arms and I can tell Ben notices.

Once they walk off “Hey Bea do you want to look in that store?” I ask.

“Ywea” she mumbles,

I take M’s hand and drag her to the store before we get blocked by Charlie, Allie and their friends. M immediately hands Bea to me before stepping in front of both of us.

“Nuh uh, you two aren’t stepping foot in this store” he snarls.

“What is your problem other than the Vks and I” M wonders out loud.

“That’s just it, LEAVE!”

“Whoa oh” the manager says walking out, “ what is going on.

“We-“ I started before getting interrupted.

“They were making a scene Mr. Winslow, we just wanted to visit, but they got all in our face.” Allie smirks and then pouts.

“You VKs are always trouble, messing around. I’ve seen you people” he spits on the floor before grabbing M’s arm. To the outside M might seem normal and unfazed but um I could tell inside she was panicking.

“This will teach you a lesson.” He cackled.

He drags her outside the back of the store, and of course I follow,

“You each get it!” He said, I’m guessing it means punishment.

“Whoa this was all me, they have nothing to do with this, plus she is the Princess of Auradon”

His eyes go wide and shrugs, “only you then”

And with that he creates a fire ball and another and another and shoots them at M. I cover Bea’s eyes and ears.

I wait for a scream but only a low grunt comes out.

“That’ll teach them” he barks before leaving.

I immediately rush over and ask, “M are you okay”

She takes some deep breaths, blowing air out, gasping. Her eyes flash green for a moment before returning to normal color.

“Fine,” she says hoarsely.

“We need to get you checked out”

“It’s fine, I’m fine”

I just shake my head. Sometimes she's so stubborn. But she’s my best friend and I don’t want her to suffer.