Chapter 9: Lost and Found

Now we cut back about an hour later, after the arrival of Starry. She and Nancy watch over the sleeping FS as he recovers from the wound Nancy gave him. She puts her head on the bed, letting her emotions get the best of her, as she tears up from something she never wanted to do.

Starry puts her hand on Nancy’s shoulder, trying to comfort her as she sobs on the bed.

Starry:
“There, there…”
“He’ll be fine dear…”

Nancy:
*Sobbing* “I didn’t mean to hurt him…!”
“He just wanted to try out his new armor, and I hurt him!”
“I…”
“I…!”

Starry wrapped herself around Nancy, hugging her. Nancy couldn’t help herself but also hug Starry, crying in her arms, feeling very sorry for FS. As they are hugging, Ares enters the room and sees them both hugging each other.

Ares:
“Ahem?”

They both look at Ares and soon let go of each other. Starry gives a small chuckle, while Nancy wipes her tears away.

Nancy:
“Will he be okay Ares…?”

Ares:
“I assure you… He’ll be fine.”
“He’s FS. He can endure it.”
“He just needs a rest or two, give or take."

Nancy:
“Oh… Okay…”
“But… What you told me about FS…”
“Are you 100% sure you're right?”

Ares:
“Well… For starters… Were… Not sure at that percent.”
“But, if Starry’s theory is correct…”
“We're not even sure how FS is still alive.”

Starry:
“Something or Someone is pulling his strings…"
“But as I said before,”
“If one’s story is erased, they too are erased.”

Nancy, after hearing that, looks over to FS, resting on the bed. She couldn't believe what she was hearing… "She looked at FS with a terrified expression, eyes widened and in disbelief… Was she with a ghost or something?

Nancy:
“Then…”
“What in the world is he then?..."

Ares:
“Well… We can confirm he’s pure Flesh and Blood.”
“But as for his background…”
“We still don’t know.”

She listens as she continues to look at FS, her mind trying to put the pieces together. “Who is he”, or, “What is he”, flows throughout her mind. But as they were talking, Cortex had come by to show something to them all. Ares, Starry, and Nancy looked at Cortex, who was holding a silver chip, the same one that Nancy had found. He’s fixed it.

Cortex:
“I finally got it to work, and you're not gonna believe what I’ve found within it!”

Ares:
“Well you got me to believe, Let’s leave FS to rest.”
“He needs it.”

Ares follows Cortex out of the room, followed behind Starry. Nancy stays in the room for a bit, holding tightly onto FS’s hand, hoping he’ll get better soon. She soon leaves, telling him that she’ll be back in a bit as she leaves the room following behind Ares and the others.

She arrives at a small workspace where Ares and they are waiting for Nancy. They make space for her, and she sees the Silver Chip inserted inside a device of sorts.

Ares:
“What did you find, Cortex?”

Cortex:
“I was just gonna explain that before you arrived,”
“But watch this!”

Cortex activates the device, and a video or sorts starts to play. They watch, eager to learn what it has to say…

(Video): . . .
“Log date 1.”
“It’s been a few… Days after I built this Machine…”