Pt2. The Eastern Dragon

The flight lasts for several hours, the wind choppy as they leave South Island but gradually clearing up as the temperatures even out over the vast sea. Clouds roll in as Tails and Espio cross over the ocean, traveling far east til they arrive in Chun-Nan airspace. Espio taps the back of Tails' seat signaling him to descend. The jet lands vertically as a pair of wheels pop out of the bottom of the craft. They disembark cautiously, both taking their own personal notes on where the plane was parked in the event they needed to make an emergency escape.

Tails grabs his backpack, slinging it over his shoulders, "Alright Espio, I'll follow your lead."

He holds his palm up, "Leave the bag, it will complicate things." Tails looks at him pensively before slowly removing it. "The plane will be fine here for a few hours. The clan likely already knows we're here."

"Oh-" Tails nods in affirmation, trying to be perky. "Thanks again for taking this on, I know your homeland has a lot of complicated feelings around it for you."

Espio pulls his hood over his head, "Yes, but I'll prioritize my friends over that discomfort any day. Please follow me."

They proceed through a dense forest, the brush lush with plant life. Flowers bloomed in rays of sunlight and the smell of dew carried gently on the wind. They crest a hill, looking down over a vast valley. Tails' eyes light up as he takes in the sight for a second time, his first trip too short and stressful to appreciate the views. Espio taps his shoulder, signaling to walk in front as they go around the incline. Further into the brush they stop at what looks like a patch of moss. Espio inspects it for a moment before pointing off to the left, Tails walking in the direction as he continued trailing behind.

They come to a rock face, Espio approaching and tapping on it cautiously. "We're close to my clan's current hideout. They will send someone shortly to check for an attack. After that we may be permitted to speak with someone."

Tails sighs, pushing a smile onto his face, "Just as fun this time as it was last time~!" He looks around the surrounding forest squinting his eyes. "Are the other clans here still at odds with each other? Your master had peace talks before but I don't think I ever asked about that."

Espio shook his head and crossed his arms, "I can't speak of that outcome. I apologize Tails but I will be unable to answer most questions you have about this location and it's events."

"No I get it! Sorry about that, didn't mean to put you in an awkward position." Tails also approaches the rock face, looking it over. "It's impressive though, all of this security and I can't detect a single scrap of technology."

Espio looks to him, then to the rock, "Hacking would become an issue. Trained warriors are better than most modern security systems. Information leaks are also much less likely when stored in the minds of loyal shinobi."

"Espio, you've returned with an old guest." Your mentor drops their camouflage and approaches the pair. "No Sonic this time?" They ask but it was clear to see that they already knew it was just the two of them.

Espio bows, "I apologize for the sudden intrusion. We have reason to believe the doctor has a plot that will jeopardize the safety of the planet."

Tails steps forward a little, "-and before you think it's like last time where we were seeking your clan's aide I promise it's not anything that large." His ears twitch up as he bows quickly, "I'm sorry! We don't bow much where I come from so I always forget-!"

Mentor shakes their head, "A guest is not expected to know our customs, please raise your head." They look in the direction of the plane, "Your plane is secured, you may speak freely inside. Tails, we will blindfold you and I will carry you back. Espio, you are permitted to follow behind me."