Chapter 7 - A Knights Resolve

Three years had passed since the heavens witnessed the generational spread of young potential knights, and in those years, things changed, and plans were being executed.

Near an ancient temple on the outskirts of Aenon country, dark air swirled around the ruins. A young man, masked in black, dashed through, jumping off of debris, quickly moving through without a sweat. He paused for a moment looking back behind him. All a sudden a speeding axe hurtled toward him. With a swift backflip, he evaded, sending the weapon crashing into the rubble.

The axe glows, then Rokuro gets gravitated towards the axe. "Get back here, you son of a bitch!" he shouted.

"Heads up," Yukiya calmly remarked, running past him, along with Mia and Mugikari.

Gritting his teeth, Rokuro ripped the axe from the stone, breaking it. "Don't tell me what to do!" he snapped, sprinting after them.

The masked young man, sprinting and jumping from the debris, spotted an entrance into the temple's depths and swiftly maneuvered towards it. The sky knights followed closely, running into the temple.

"Wait!" Migikari yells as they stand only a few paces away from the young man inside the temple. "Don't take another step!"

Everyone halts from Migikari's sudden outburst. Migikari's eyes darted around every inch of the area.

"WHAT THE HELL'S TAKING SO LONG! THE RUNT IS RIGHT THERE!" Rokuro yells. He tries to walk forward but Yukiya holds out her arm blocking him.

Yukiya exchanged a knowing look with Migikari, who nodded. Yukiya gestured to the ground and picked up a small piece of rubble.

The young man watching, narrowed his eyes and ran deeper into the temple. Yukiya tossed the rock, and just inches away from her, it disintegrated into dust.

Eyes widened. ("If it wasn't for Migikari's heightened sense, we'd all surely be dead, without a scrap of us left,") Yukiya thought. She crouched, jumped, and clutched her shield tight, anticipating an attack.

In an instant, she clashed with the figure donned in a dark long cloak, wearing a white mask like the young man. He came crashing towards her from out of nowhere with a large sword with 3 blades coming out each side of it.

The clash resonated within the ancient temple. Sparks flying in the dimly lit surroundings. The cloaked man quickly parries Yukiya's shield, and kicks her back to the ground.

She crashes back to the stone floor, cracking it and causing her to spit up a bit of blood. The cloaked man suddenly appears a few paces away from them, holding his large sword on his shoulder.

"So much for my Mindshift, I guess it wasn't enough to catch the great Sky Knights off guard." He says with a deep but relaxed voice.

Everyone gets in position as Yukiya slowly gets up squinting in slight pain. "What's your game, why are you intruding these old temples, we've been floolwing your trail for months now, there's nothing left here!"

The cloaked man slightly gazes down, his masked expression unreadable. He takes a moment before responding, his voice echoing through the ancient temple.

"You fools. You believe these temples hold nothing of value? The secrets that lie within these ruins are beyond your understanding," he sneers. "I seek what others cannot comprehend—a power that belongs to its rightful creator... The devil of darkness."

Yukiya narrows her eyes, readying her shield. "Enough cryptic bullshit. Identify yourself and state your purpose, or prepare to face the consequences."

The cloaked man chuckles. "You may call me Mabuki, and I am here to claim what rightfully belongs to my god."