The Disappointment

Before reading this one, please read the previous one named The Insecurity as this one is a continuation to that. You'll be able catch up better if you read that first. Thank you!

Guys, do vote and comment. It really makes my day when I get to hear your views and opinions on my stories. I don't like when writers impose a limit of votes and comments for uploading next chapter but that option is seeming the only viable one. Anyways, let's get back to the story.

Next day, I take a day off since Win is working from home today. He just have some online interviews lined up and a few discussions about new projects. I don't want to question his love for me just because he is busy. I will give him all my time to spend a single minute with him because I know he will make it worth it.

'What are you doing?' I hear his sleepy voice descending down the stairs as I finish plating our breakfast. It immediately brings a smile to my face because I know for a fact that he is rubbing his eye while peeking down the stairs with his other eye open.

I wanted us to spend some time together without having to worry about work or heeding to anyone's need before ours. So I thought of making us breakfast and having it together. Today we're gonna do everything that makes us, us.

'Making you breakfast, your majesty. You like it?' I ask, holding my breath, need for his approval leaking into my voice.

He looks surprised but not shocked. His curious eyes slowly take in all the assortment of things that I have prepared and his eyes widen. Okay, I may have gone a little overboard.

Once he has scanned the table, he moves his eyes towards me and they instantly soften observing the apprehensive expression on my face. He covers the small distance between us with his long legs and cups my face in his warm hands.

'You would cut me an apple and I would be beaming like a kid on Christmas. Everything you do makes me so fucking happy. You should know that by now.' He whispers against my face, nuzzling his face in my neck, peppering small delicate kisses all over it.

Win is usually not an expressive person. He doesn't usually communicate with words. Earlier I used to get irked by it but now I know that his actions always make up for his lack of words. His actions speak volumes and that is enough for me.

But hearing him articulating his feelings in words means that he really is touched by what I did and it makes all my efforts fruitful.

'Okay, let's dig in.'

He chuckles lowly when I breathe out heavily once he moves his face away from my neck. That smug bastard. He shoots me a mischievous look and takes a seat next to me. His muscular thighs touch mine when he manspreads under the table. I clutch my fork tightly in my hands and give him a side eye.

He is purposely trying to rile me up and my very affected reactions are just encouraging him. He shots me a smirk before taking a bite of his blueberry pancake and purposely drop some maple syrup on his bottom lip first and then slowly make a show out of licking it out sensuously, looking directly in my eyes.

Bastard.

Before I could say something, his phone starts blaring up making him jump in his seat. He comes out of his reverie and reach for his phone.

'Who is it?' My annoyance is apparent in my voice but I can't help it and I don't even care right now.

He clenches his jaw at my tone or the interruption, I don't know but answers me nonetheless. 'It's my manager.'

Of fucking course.

Win has recently hired a new manager since his older one wanted to take time apart for her family. So filling the position was required as soon as possible. She worked with him until the new one was recruited and but instantly took leave after guiding the new one on her first day.

Win's new manager, Bianca was one peculiar woman. She is as bitchy as her name. Don't get me wrong, I respect woman but she doesn't deserve much from me and if she expects that from me then she is even a bigger fool than I thought she was.

Now, why she is bitter to me, you may ask? Simple, because she has big fat crush on Win. I mean, I don't blame her but you can't flirt with a man who is already taken and especially when the said man is also standing in front of you.

Imagine my surprise when she said she does recognize me but doesn't remember my name. Bitch. You know me very well but feel the need to make me feel small as if her opinion means shit to me.

I very politely introduced myself and excused myself to get out of the awkward situation. During the time this very uncomfortable conversation was taking place, Win was standing like a block of ice taking in the situation.

When he got her off his back, he came back to me to apologize on her behalf. He was ready to fire her for her improfessional behavior but I stopped him because hiring a new one would cost a lot of time and money.

So reluctantly, he agreed to me. But now I think I should have let him got rid of that woman. Now, here I have to own up to my very regretful decision.

'Hey, ignore it. You don't have to answer that right now. You don't have work until noon.' I plead to him.

'I can't. It might be something important. Let me talk to her real quick and then we can continue, okay?' He asks me. He looks disappointed but he still doesn't act upon it.

'But it's not your regular work day. She can wait for a few minutes. We can have our breakfast and then you can ask her whatever that is so important.' I suggest him, almost begging with my eyes to not go and stay with me for sometime.

For a minute, he just sits there, staring down at the phone in his hand. He looks deep in thoughts, his eyebrows drawn together in concentration. For a minute, I allow myself to think that he is actually contemplating not going and staying here with me.

He knows. He knows if he goes, we are not gonna be same. He knows we have been distant. He very well knows that we need some time together to gather ourselves before we get sucked into the hole of nothingness due to our lack of trying. He knows everything but still when the phone blares in hands once again, he whispers a pitiful 'I am sorry' to me and leaves to attend her call.

Do you think B's reaction is justified? Do you think Win is wrong? Let me know your views and don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you once again.