17

⚠️Warning! This chapter includes scenes of physical, mental and emotional abuse. Along with a scene of miscarrying. Please read at your own risk. 

Please excuse any typos or spelling errors. 

Amahle|

After I opened the box, my heart dropped. Jey heard my scream and rushed out the shower, dripping wet with soap suds all over his face and body. He walked over to me and seen my shocked state, he instantly placed his hands on my arms as he stood in front of me.

"Amahle, what - what happened?" he stuttered, scared that something serious happened. I pointed a shaky finger at the box on the vanity. His eyebrows furrowed together, before turning around and walked over to the vanity. He looked down into the box and froze.

He turned back to me, "Who sent this? Where did this come from?" he questioned angrily. I couldn't say anything. He walked back over to me and placed his hands on my face, looking down at my flushed face. "Amahle, look at me." He demanded. I know he wasn't being aggressive towards me but I just  slowly looked away from the vanity and up into his eyes.

"Where did the box come from?" he asked calmly, I closed my eyes and blew out a breath. "I-I don't know." I whispered as tears blurred my vision. Jey's nose flared as he let go of my face, "Stay right here." he instructed sternly, I slowly nodded my head as tears rolled down my cheeks. Nervously rubbing my arms and started shaking uncontrollably, I heard his footsteps walk back over to the shower, then the water stopped running. He grabbed a towel and dried off before wrapping it around his waist, before making his way back over to me. He picked up the lid of the box and put it back on the box.

The box contained pictures that I never thought I would see again. There were pictures contained of the after math of all the abuse I endured from Michael the very last night I decided to leave him. From the bruises he placed all over my body, and my soul. Nobody knew about them but me and him. I took a seat on the couch and placed my head in between my hands, as soft cries escaped my lips.

'I can't believe this shit.'

⚠️Flashback⚠️
(The entire flashback will be italicized.)  

"Amahle, where you at?" Michael's loud raspy voice woke me from my nap. I was tired from flying and putting in work all week from being in the ring. I sighed as I heard his heavy footsteps march up the stairs of our house towards our bedroom.

Once I heard the door fly opened I kept my eyes shut, I didn't feel like dealing with his shit that night. He flicked on the light before stumbling over to the bed where I laid. I smelt the strong aroma of liquor, and instantly knew he was drunk.

"A-Amahle, I-I was calling you! Why y-you aint answer me?!" He yelled causing me to jerk awake. I opened my eyes and stared at him.

"What is it?" I softly asked tired from the events from the day, before reaching over for my glasses. He darkly chuckled as he placed a firm grasp on my neck jerking my body close to the edge of the bed.

"Why you ain't answer me?" he growled at me while staring at my face with a dark scowl. I swallowed the lump in my throat before I answered, "I-I-I was sleeping." I stuttered, scared if I said the wrong thing it would end up with me getting my ass beat all over the house again.