#28 - Muffins (Special)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

muffins. kunimi found himself engulfed in a sea of plushies at miniso, grappling with the pressure of choosing the perfect one for his girlfriend, y/n.

"which one do you think she likes?" he inquired, turning to kindaichi, who responded with a derisive scoff. "you're her boyfriend; you should know what she wants." kindaichi retorted, worsening kunimi's mounting stress.

the looming arrival of his and y/n's first monthsary loomed over kunimi like a foreboding cloud. the weight of choosing the ideal plushie to mark this special date pressed heavily upon him.

"should i gift her the pink one or the black one?" kunimi deliberated aloud, clutching a my melody plushie in one hand and a kuromi plushie in the other.

kindaichi's response was less than comforting. "dude, i don't know." he deadpanned, his annoyance palpable.

the simplicity of this decision had never seemed so complex to kunimi before.  "maybe oikawa-san could help." he contemplated, considering an unconventional source for guidance.

however, kindaichi's incredulous reaction poured cold water on the idea. "out of all people, oikawa-san came to your mind for... relationship advice? he had like 5 different girlfriends in a year!"

"should i ask mayuko instead?" kunimi proposed, hoping for an alternative perspective. "no, she'll snitch, and then your surprise for l/n won't be a surprise anymore." kindaichi retorted, shutting down the idea.

"fine, i'll just grab both stuffed toys then." he relented, reclaiming the two plushies before making his way to the counter.

kindaichi trailed alongside him, "also, are you planning on just giving her those?" he asked.

perching a quizzical brow, kunimi gently placed the plushies on the counter for the cashier to ring up. "what do you mean? should i be adding more?" he questioned, showcasing his lack of expertise in the art of thoughtful gifting.

"don't limit it to just plushies; find something that truly captures her heart." kindaichi suggested, nudging kunimi to think beyond the cuddly toys.

completing the transaction with the cashier, kunimi mulled over his friend's words. "like what?" he probed further, seeking specifics.

"maybe a heartfelt letter or something," kindaichi proposed. contemplating this notion, kunimi sought reassurance. "do you think she'd appreciate that?" he questioned, seeking validation.

"trust me, it's a gesture that never fails." kindaichi remarked knowingly. "but considering you've only been together for a month, that might seem a bit overboard. just save that for wedding vows."