#01 - Autumn (Prologue)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

autumn. a season of unparalleled beauty, where nature's transformation mirrors the difficulties of human existence, reminding us that change is a part of life's forever cycle.

the leaves on trees, once vibrant and green, begin to turn shades of red, orange, and yellow, creating a mesmerizing sight.

autumn carries a sense of nostalgia, as it symbolizes both an end and a beginning. the days grow shorter, and the angle of the sun changes, casting long, captivating shadows that seem to stretch on forever.

autumn held a special place in y/n's heart, a season she eagerly anticipated each year. it was a stark contrast to the unforgiving summer, a time when her strict parents imposed a curfew that kept her away from the outside world.

but when the air turned crisp and the leaves began to paint the world in shades of red and gold, she knew it was a sign that her favorite season had arrived.

it meant she could reconnect with her closest friend, and that was one of the reasons why autumn held such a cherished spot in her heart.

however, this particular autumn was tinged with gloom that set it apart from the previous ones. it wasn't just the way the landscape transformed or the cozy feeling of wrapping up in sweaters and sipping warm beverages.

no, this autumn marked the beginning of a new chapter in her life-high school.

graduating from junior high had left her emotionally vulnerable. she felt a mix of excitement and apprehension about the journey ahead.

but the source of her depression ran deeper than the typical jitters associated with starting high school. it was tied to a painful chapter in her family's history.

her older brother, once a promising young student, had taken a dark turn during his high school years. he had fallen into a risky spiral of drug use, skipping classes, and association with bullies.

and tragically, after his high school graduation, he gave in to his addiction, ending his own life through an overdose.

the weight of her brother's choices and their devastating consequences hung heavily over y/n's head. she grappled with guilt and sorrow, wondering if there was something she could have done differently to save him.

the image of her brother, once full of potential, haunted her thoughts.

yet, her parents' reaction to her brother's downfall further complicated her emotional turmoil. they were consumed by fear that their daughter might follow in her brother's tragic footsteps.