#07 - Admire

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

admire. 3 whole weeks had come and gone since y/n had acknowledged her affection for kunimi. during that time, neither of them had exchanged a single word.

kunimi occasionally spotted y/n at the bakery in his neighborhood, but he stuck to his decision of not befriending her. y/n, on the other hand, was content with silently admiring him from a distance.

she figured it was up to him whether or not he wanted to initiate a conversation, as she didn't dare to approach him.

even when she visited the school garden to appreciate the trees, she noticed that kunimi had stopped going there, so she made it a point to pet the tabby cat on his behalf.

despite her close friendship with mayuko, y/n hadn't confided in her about her crush. she considered it a silly infatuation and saw no reason to disclose it. besides, she was certain that her friend would never let her live it down if she found out.

now, in the classroom, the teacher made a significant announcement that grabbed everyone's attention. standing at the front of the class, all eyes were fixed on her as they eagerly awaited the news.

"so, sports fest is happening next week." she declared, sending the class into a joyful uproar. being first-year students, it was completely understandable for everyone to be bubbling with excitement over the upcoming sports festival.

y/n was no exception; she shared in the collective joy of her classmates. after a summer marked by restrictions that had kept her from going out, she was eager for some fun and couldn't wait for the event.

as the teacher delved into more details about the sports festival, the students' excitement only intensified, filling the classroom with an infectious enthusiasm.

when the teacher asked for a student volunteer to be the photographer for the upcoming sports festival, a hush fell over the classroom. it wasn't very important but the teacher wanted the memories to be captured on camera.

it was clear that most students were eager to participate in the sports, and volunteering as the photographer meant missing out on the games and fun.

y/n then summoned her courage and slowly raised her hand, catching the teacher's attention. "l/n, you want to be the photographer?" the teacher inquired, leaving the other students puzzled.

whispers spread through the classroom as they tried to figure out who "l/n" was. "who's l/n?" "do we even have an l/n in this class?" "i've never heard that name before."