#03 - Worry

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

worry. y/n's heart was consumed with worry as she lingered in the school after dismissal. never before had she dared to defy her parents' strict rules, and merely being late in returning home was enough to concern her.

the consequences of disobedience were etched into her mind, vivid and terrifying. her parents could confiscate her cherished camcorder, take away her phone, or, in the darkest of scenarios, resort to physical abuse.

it was a big contrast to the parents she once knew, before the tragic downturn that had marked her brother's life. a change had swept over them, hostilty that had settled in the wake of his downfall.

but today was different. with the absence of her parents, y/n felt a rare sense of freedom. as she and her close friend mayuko wandered the corridors toward the gymnasium, an urge gripped her to film this freedom, her camcorder serving as a shield.

mayuko observed y/n's every move with an affectionate grin. "i adore how your entire identity is wrapped up in that video camera." she remarked, captivated by her friend's compulsion to capture every moment.

y/n playfully aimed her lens at mayuko's face, and their playful banter continued. "hi, y/n's precious baby~"

she responded with a little smile, the lens now zoomed on mayuko's eye as she shyly covered her face in embarrassment.

"sorry." she murmured, gently lowering the camcorder from mayuko's face. mayuko heaved a sigh, her expression tinged with uncertainty. "i've never met the team before. do you think they'll like me?" she inquired, her worry palpable.

y/n nodded reassuringly. "they will." she affirmed, offering her usual concise response. this simple assurance brought a glimmer of hope to her friend's eyes.

she pouted playfully and enveloped y/n in an affectionate hug. "i love you so much!" she exclaimed with genuine affection. returning the hug, y/n smiled warmly.

"love you too." she replied, the simplicity of those words carrying a depth of emotion that only close friends could understand.

with mayuko disappearing into the gym, y/n made her way up the sidelines, positioned to observe the practice below. as she ascended, she noticed mayuko waving at her, having just exchanged words with the coach.

unable to resist capturing the moment, y/n once again trained her camcorder on mayuko's petite figure as she gracefully moved around the gym. a soft chuckle escaped her lips, her heart warmed by mayuko's endearing presence.