#05 - Yellow

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

yellow. the bright yellow umbrella on his study desk had captured kunimi's attention for what felt like an eternity. lying on his bed, he couldn't shake the nagging question of why y/n had given it to him.

he knew he had been consistently unkind to her, yet she had responded with kindness. it was a riddle that left him deeply perplexed.

with a sigh, he contemplated how best to return the umbrella to her. it was clear that her intentions had been sincere when she'd offered it, and he had decided to give it back during their next class.

however, his pride still held him back from uttering a simple "thank you" given the history of misunderstandings that had plagued their interactions.

the following morning arrived, and kunimi entered his homeroom to find y/n already seated at her desk, engrossed in something on her camcorder.

he reached into his bag, withdrew the umbrella, and approached her. extending it toward her, he caused the girl to slowly lift her gaze to meet his.

she accepted it, murmuring, "you didn't... have to return it." kunimi shook his head, his tone firm as he responded, "no, it's yours." before settling down at his desk.

y/n bit her lip, gathering her courage to speak. "i'm sorry." she suddenly said, taking him aback. he looked at her, puzzled by her apology. "you don't have to apologize. it was entirely my fault for accusing you." he responded.

she shook her head, her fingers fiddling nervously. "no, i share the blame as well for filming you... but i just wished that you didn't see me as a stalker." she mumbled.

kunimi reflected on his actions and felt a genuine pang of remorse. "that was my mistake. i apologize for being rude to you." he admitted, taking a deep breath.

she looked at him, a sense of relief washing over her as she nodded, a silent acknowledgment of his heartfelt apology. kunimi wasn't finished yet. "and i'm sorry for calling your camera stupid." he added.

y/n's single nod confirmed her forgiveness, and an obvious tension began to dissipate in the room, replaced by an understanding between them.

with kunimi opting for another nap, y/n breathed a sigh of relief, having navigated a full conversation without stumbling over her words or giving in to overwhelming embarrassment.

during lunch break, the first year found herself alone in the school garden. her friend mayuko had been summoned by the volleyball coach, leaving her with some free time.

y/n decided to seize the opportunity, turning on her camcorder to capture the vibrant colors of the flowers and plants that surrounded her. she had a deep appreciation for the shades of green, orange, red, and yellow that the camera beautifully captured.

a contented smile graced her lips as she framed her shot and adjusted her focus. y/n delicately tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, savoring the gentle caress of the wind on her face.

it was a serene moment of respite, a chance to relax and immerse herself in the calming beauty of nature.

"so takahashi-san was right after all." she turned swiftly to find kunimi standing there, his hands casually tucked into his pockets. y/n was taken aback by his unexpected presence, and his sudden remark only deepened her confusion.

he then casually took a seat on a nearby bench. y/n responded with a hesitant nod, her focus now shifting to a fallen leaf on the ground, its brilliant hues drawing her attention.

"you film everything you see?" he inquired, his tone carrying a hint of curiosity as he observed her. y/n nodded once more as she plucked a leaf from the ground, admiring its vibrant color.

amidst their brief conversation, y/n's keen eyes spotted a familiar tabby cat slowly making its way toward the male. the young man leaned in, extending his hand to tenderly pet the feline.

it was the same cat that y/n had noticed kunimi petting on the very first day of school. her hands instinctively tightened around her camcorder, a subtle internal struggle waging within her.

she furrowed her brows, determined to resist the urge to film the cat this time. however, kunimi, ever perceptive, noticed her internal dilemma and couldn't help but roll his eyes in response. "go ahead." he stated.

she tilted her head in confusion, her voice mumbled as she asked, "what?" she was uncertain about his meaning. he continued to pet the cat, his tone casual as he added, "you can film." causing y/n's eyes to widen in surprise.

"okay." she nodded in response, adjusting the focus of her camcorder to capture the tabby cat. she knelt down beside the cat, their hands joining in petting the furry creature, while her free hand expertly held the recording device.

as she continued to film the cat, kunimi extended his palm towards her, breaking the rhythm of her recording. "let me hold it." he suggested.

the female gulped, feeling a mix of surprise and hesitation, but she handed him the camera without protest. with the camcorder now in kunimi's grasp, he skillfully turned the lens towards the cat.

y/n continued to shower the cat with affection, her fondness for the furry creature evident in her gentle touch. a warm smile graced her lips as the cat seemed to respond positively to her caresses.

however, her attention was soon diverted as she noticed kunimi's focus shift from the cat to her face.

panicked by the thought of being filmed, y/n quickly covered her face, concealing it from view, her actions displaying her reluctance to be captured on camera.

"do you usually film your videos without your face in them?" he inquired, genuinely perplexed by y/n's reluctance to be filmed. she replied, "yes, i only film things i find beautiful and captivating, like nature."

kunimi raised an eyebrow, his curiosity getting the better of him. "but you filmed me... does that mean you also found me... captivating?" he asked, his realization dawning that he was included in her collection.

y/n's face flushed with embarrassment at her unintentional confession. "i guess so..." she simply admitted, her cheeks tinged with pink.

"oh." he responded, feeling a bit surprised by her admission. he handed her back the camera and stood up, which startled the girl. as he began to walk away, he suddenly turned around, locking eyes with her.

"i come here every day to pet the cat, so don't assume i'm the one stalking you now." he teased, sticking his tongue out at her before walking away without looking back, leaving y/n pleasantly shocked by his playful gesture.