Chapter 20

Elsa

Jack and I rushed down to Anna's dorm. We both needed to apologize to her for the way we acted. Once we reached Anna's room, I knocked on the door. I didn't hear anyone from behind the door coming to open it for us. That's weird because it was starting to get late and Anna and Rapunzel are usually in here by now. I knocked again, this time little harder. Then, the door opened a crack, but no one was on the other side. Why would Anna leave her door open?

I rushed in the room to find nobody in sight, but the place was a mess! The couch was turned over, pillows and papers all over the floor, all of the cabinets and drawers were open, the dorm looked like it had been ransacked. What happened here? Oh no, Anna! Where was she?! I started screaming her name but no response. I ran around the whole dorm, looking through every room I could find, but still no Anna. I finally came across the last room in the dorm. I was terrified to open the door to see what I would find, but my curiosity won over my fear and I opened the door as quickly as I could. What I saw almost killed me from fright.

There she was, Anna, curled up in a ball in the middle of the floor. I rushed over to her side, tears streaming down my face.

"Anna?", I said with my voice breaking.

She turned over towards me to reveal a knife in her stomach. Anna had been stabbed.

"JACK!!! CALL 9-1-1!!!", I yelled as loud as I could for Jack to hear me.

"Elsa?", she said in a weak, faint voice.

"Yes, it's me Anna. I'm here, I've got you", I said while hugging her tightly. Anna winced in pain.

"Elsa, I'm sor-"

"DON'T APOLOGIZE. You did nothing wrong. I'm sorry I made you feel like that I would choose Jack over you. I would never, you mean too much to me", I said with a faint smile. Anna tried to smile back, but I could tell she was in too much pain.

"Anna, who did this to you?"

"I-I *winces* don't know. They were *winces* wearing a mask."

Whoever it was, it better not be Hiccup. Because if so, I'm literally going to kill him. I could feel Anna's hands getting really cold and clammy and she started to cry.

"Elsa, am I going to die?"

What she asked made want to cry, but I had to be strong.

"NO. I won't let that happen. You are going to be just fine. Jack called 9-1-1 and they should on their way."

When I said the word "Jack", Anna's face went from saddened to disgusted. She must really not like him for her not want his help. I tried lightening the mood a little bit.

"Hey, do you remember the time I made all those little snowmen just by sneezing?" Anna weakly chuckled.

"How could I forget? That was already the best birthday I ever had! You just made it better by making those cute little snowgies."

I couldn't help but smile. I was about to say something else when Jack came rushing in the room.

"The paramedics are here", he said while breathing heavily. I gave him a nod and mouthed "thank you". He just smirked. The paramedics came rushing in with a breathing mask and a stretcher. They carefully picked up Anna and rolled her all the way outside where the ambulance was waiting.

"Ma'am, does this girl have any close relatives or friends that are responsible for her?", I paramedic asked me.

"Yes, that would be me. I'm her sister."

"Alright then, would you please step into the back of the ambulance for me?" 

"Of course."

I stepped into the back of the ambulance right next to Anna. Jack tried to follow me in, but I refused.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine on my own."

Jack just looked at me with a worried face but gave me a reluctant nod. As he started to walk away I pulled him for a quick kiss.

"I'll be back soon. I promise." And with that, the ambulance doors closed and we were on our way to the hospital.

It took us only seven minutes for us to finally reach the hospital. Once we got there, the doctors quickly rolled Anna out of the van and into the building, with me speed walking right behind them. They carried her into the emergency room and shut the double doors right in my face. A nurse then approached me.

"I'm sorry miss, but no one else besides surgeons and patients are permitted beyond those doors."

"Oh, OK. Is my sister going to be all right?"

"It's hard to say miss. The doctors took her in for immediate surgery, but who knows how much blood she's lost. You're lucky you found her when you did or she would have been a goner for sure."

Those words just kept echoing in my head: She would have been a goner for sure. Oh Anna, please be alright!

The nurse lead me into a waiting room right down the hall. I was so worried I couldn't even sit down. But after a little while, I sat down and just waited.

4 hours of waiting

I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see a man with hazel brown hair and thin circle glasses. Did I fall asleep? The man introduced himself as Dr. Milo Thatch.

"Are you Miss Anna's sister, Elsa?", he asked.

"Yes. How is she? Did everything go OK???", I asked with much anxiety in my voice.

He just smiled at me. "Anna is alright, luckily the knife wasn't in too deep or else it could have punctured something vital. The surgery was a success and she'll be able to make a complete recovery in no time."

PHEW!!!

"But, there is the matter of how Anna got stabbed in the first place. I've called the investigative department so they could find out who did this. Also, an autopsy has been put in place to further investigate on how Anna was stabbed. I'm pretty sure you will be asked to answer a few questions by the police."

I just nodded on the outside, but the inside, I was furious. I will not rest until the person who did this to Anna was caught!

"OK then, you can see your sister now. She just woke up."

Dr. Milo lead me into a room where I saw Anna. She was pale and looked miserable, but all in all she looked a lot better than when I found her. I ran over to her bed and gave her a giant hug and she hugged me back. I was just so relieved that she was going to be OK.

Anna and I talked for a while until a scruffy looking man came in and interrupted us.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for a Miss Elsa. Is she in here?", he said in deep, scratchy voice.

"That would be me."

"Ah, good! Could you come with me please?"

I hesitated, but finally made my way to where this guy was and started following him down a hall. After walking for what seemed like forever, the man lead me into a small room that had a medium length table, two small chairs, and a large mirror for one of the walls. He gestured me to sit down in a chair across from him.

"First, I would like introduce myself as Flynn Rider and I'm a private investigator hired by Mr. Mickey", he said as he extended his hand for me to shake.

"Secondly, I'm sure you're well aware of why I'm here." I nodded.

"Well, I'm pleased to tell you that we know who did this is to your sister, Anna."

I couldn't believe my ears. I'm so happy they found Anna's stabber! They must have caught him shortly after Jack placed the 9-1-1 call because that was fast.

"Really?! Oh thank you so much! Who is this guy so I can give them a fierce pounding", I said as I started punching my hand.

"Miss Elsa, a stranger didn't stab your sister. Anna stabbed herself."

To be continued...