Chapter 36: Continuation

"What the hell just happened?" Questioned Sasuke as he looked at the place his best friend had stood moments ago. "What was he talking about?"

Jiraiya had been heavily contemplating the same thing for about a minute before Sasuke had found his voice. "Sasuke, can you Hiraishin to Naruto? Maybe he has been taken somewhere."

Sasuke closed his eyes and focused on Naruto, trying to target his reverse summon seal. Sasukes eyes went wide and his body tensed. "No. He doesn't have any sort of beacon I can pull through to."

"Then I need you to go back and inform the others that Naruto has been captured and you need to tell Zabuza and Itachi to get their ass to Uzu." Stated Jiraiya solemnly. "I'm going to investigate the city and try to find some answers before I head over myself. Zabuza can get Itachi into the catacombs, under the fountain. They can begin their search there."

Sasuke nods and disappears, most likely using the beacon on the Hokage's guardians.

Jiraiya gathered some chakra and summoned a battalion of search toads. "I'd like you all to search for any signs of life in that village. Be careful, as there could be more traps in the village."

Jiraiya entered sage mode and began his trek into the ghost town village. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up as he got farther and farther into the village, waiting for even a single chakra signature.

As he made his way toward the Kage tower, he began to see fragments of a seal around the base of the building. He looked them over for a few moments before coming to the conclusion that they were too scattered to make sense of. He then crossed the threshold into the building. It too was lifeless, though unlike the rest of the town, the offices had a few dead bodies inside, mostly Anbu with the rest being jonin. Jiraiya walked up the stairs and came to the Tsuchikages office, where he found Kitsuchi.

He was a grisly sight, his throat slashed and a kunai in his hand. After getting over his shock, Jiraiya continued into the office, finding that the desk had been cleared off with a note sitting in front of the dead Tsuchikage.

'To whoever find this.

I, Kitsuchi of Iwa, have been under some form of control of by an unknown entity for the last two years. During that time, I have committed several great crimes that have been a stain on my countries name. I'm finding myself less and less conscious during these actions, with most of the recent kage summit completely clear from my memory. Currently, I am locked in my office with no way of escaping, while an imposter is rallying my people to the bunkers. I have lost. The man who controls me is an uchiha, roughly my height and wears a mask similar to the Uzumaki spiral. I cannot take back what I have done, and I feel my control waning. He is currently preparing the villages ultimate defen'

Jiraiya reread the note several times, his mind wandering. Jiraiya again looked over the former Tsuchikage, the blood pooling down his shirt and into his lap, tears still in his cold, lifeless eyes. He had died recently, less than ten minutes ago.

'An Uchiha...'

-Konoha, Branches headquarters-

"What do you mean disappear!" Shouted Zabuza as he looked to his future son in law. "What you are saying doesn't make and sense, people don't just disappear."

"Well, Naruto does know the Hiraishin." Stated Kakashi, his eye looking toward Gai. "Is it possible that seal just sent him somewhere with a chakra blocking seal? Maybe he is with the toads?"