Chapter 9: Danger coming! First Exam!

It was here. The day of the first exam. Naruto knew the way the exam would go, after all, being in ANBU and being friends with the first, second and third proctor had its benefits. The first part was a one hour test that would work on information gathering or just being über smart. The second part of the chunin exam was a five day survival exercise, which, because he was rather close friends with the "Crazy Snake Lady" he had agreed to be the the one she would targeted to spread fear in the genin, in exchange for a favor at a later date. The third was a one on one tournament.

"God this is such bullshit!" stated Naruto as he gathered his supplies he figured he would need for the exams.

"At least you won't be stuck in the sensei room with us" said Kakashi who was standing next to Zabuza

"Yea, but at least you two can make money betting on me, I still owe you two for all the training I got" stated Naruto over his shoulder as he filled his pouch with a set of kunai and shuriken.

"Got that right, Gaki! My teachings aren't free! And you better make me proud to call you my student, or I'll have Haku freeze your balls" commented Zabuza, making a crushing motion with his hands

"You got it, I was planing on it anyway, if I show enough skill, I can get promoted to at least special jounin, maybe even get back into ANBU? I sure as hell don't want to stay a genin or even a chunin!" stated Naruto as he finished packing. Naruto was bringing both swords, double what he needed in kunai and shuriken, his sealing equipment, and his camping supplies, though those were in a storage scroll.

"Don't bet on it, the council will want you out in daylight to show the village's strength. I guess they finally got it through their heads that they can't stunt your growth anymore. Plus with the little plan you have for when you make it to the third round, I'm sure that the village will want answers" laughed Kakashi, he was waiting for this day, the day his son/brother/student/best friend would reveille his lineage.

"Heh, it's going to be interesting alright, but one step at a time. I'm going to reveille I'm ANBU first, that should turn a few heads, and it should soften the blow that the villagers hated two of their greatest hero's son" stated Naruto as he pulled the last piece of his old ANBU uniform on, which being about 4 months old, made it a little snug. He wore the standard uniform with his whirlpool headband on his right arm and the leaf headband on his forehead.

"Well, let's get going, got an hour and a half before they close the entrances"

-5 minutes later, Academy-

The fast pace of the day had started early. From the chunin and occasional jonin that were in charge of the first exam to the teams that had arrived early to insure their entry. At the main entrance sat two familiar people, one with hair the color of pink and the other with hair the color of black that strangely resembled a chickens backside. Both waiting for their blonde teammate to arrive.

"Where the hell is Naruto? If he's late I'm going to pound him into the ground" stated Sakura as she cracked her knuckles.

"Maybe if he was in a coma... You know as well as I do that he's above our level" stated Sasuke with some mixed emotions in his voice. He really did like his blonde friend. But he was a mystery to figure out. No one knew how strong he really was, not even Kakashi knew.

"Talking about me again? Should have known you both worship me" said Naruto after silently appearing behind them in a burst of pure speed.