Chapter 31: The Battle of Konoha Part 2

"Shinra Tensei!"

'Hiraishin!' thought Naruto as he saw the wave of pressure heading towards him. His clone had marked the red headed man with the seal when he punched him earlier. Naruto flashed in front of Nagato and landed a devastating punch to Nagato's face, resulting in the red headed man flying backwards and having to right himself on a tree.

'This isn't good, I need my paths, but the reanimation Jutsu will end up costing me half my chakra, and he hasn't used any Jutsu since I absorbed his last attack. It's my only option at this point, I need to reanimate the Naraka path...' thought Nagato as he began forming hand seals.

"Nakara path... Heavenly remote revival..." mumbled Nagato as he was forced to once again use the asura path to take another blow from the super powered punches of the Godaime hokage. 'Has he figured out the five second gap between the Shinra tensei?'

'His chakra just split into two... What's he doing?' thought naruto as he sent another punch at the red haired man. 'Wait... Now it's split into seven parts... Did he revive those other bodies?'

-With Jiraiya and Tsunade-

Jiraiya stood atop Gamabunta, tsunade atop Katsuyu, Gamahiro and Gamaken stood around group of giant multi-headed dogs.

"All the others went down easy, but these dogs just multiply!" shouted Tsunade, her Sozo Saisei activated, as she punched away yet another of the dogs.

"Too bad there summons! They would make great pets!" shouted back Jiraiya, red outlines around his golden toad eyes, his red lines now thick and pointed with Ma and pa fused to his shoulders.

"Stop joking and find a way to take these things out!" shouted Tsunade as she batted away another one of the Dogs that had lunged at her.

"Who's joking? The Gakis got a pet, and I want one too!" shouted Jiraiya as he flashed through hand seals. "Sage Art! Grand Fireball!"

"When did naruto get a pet?" questioned the blonde sannin.

"Will you two knock it off! We're in the middle of a fight, and Pain's chakra just split into seven partitions." shouted Ma

"Not so loud Ma, Jiraiya-boy will need his hearing." stated Pa

"Hes had a pet! He's lived in that compound for three years now!" replied Jiraiya.

Tsunade thought for a second, trying to remember anything that could be considered a pet. "Zabuza isn't a pet!"

-Branches-

"This isn't right! Lord Kitsuchi said that you were all low A Rank! We should have to problem with you!" shouted one of the nameless chunin, who had just watched four of his fellow chunin, as well as all but one genin fall to the branches in less than a minutes. Thankfully all of the jonin were still alive.

"You were fools to believe such a blatant lie." stated Kakashi as he pulled his headband down, conserving chakra until he would need it again. "I was a Low A-Rank ninja at the end of the third great war. Zabuza was listed as a high A ranked Traitor. Your own Bingo Book has both Gai and Asuma as mid A ranks. And all of those ranks are outdated."

"Seriously, I haven't been low A rank since I left to join the guardians, and that was almost twelve years ago." stated Asuma, a cigarette hanging from his lip. "Like Zabuza said before, your leader sent you here to die."