Chapter 21: Cookies and humorous rapping

"You've grown Stronger Itachi, I'm glad being on the run hadn't hurt your skills." stated Kakashi, who along with Gai, Asuma, and Shizune were all on ANBU training ground 4. Zabuza had a mission of some kind.

"Yes, it is good to See one so well versed in Taijutsu. I still cannot believe our elders would force such a situation on you. But may I ask, why is it that you don't use the Interceptor style? Surely with eyes as strong as yours, you could be on level with me easily?" questioned the enigma that is Gai. Itachi wondered if Gai had always been so loud.

"Because... My vision is slowly failing. The cost of the Mangekyo, other that having to kill your best friend, is that the more you use it, the worse your eyesight becomes until they loose all their light. The only way around this would be for Sasuke to unlock his and for me to implant his eyes into me. That is why every skill I have can be used while blind." explained Itachi, though Gai and Asuma didn't see the significance of this.

"So all we got to do is waken his Mangekyo and then you two swap eyes? Couldn't you do that awakening thing with some really powerful Genjutsu? I was stuck in one once where I had thought I killed the guardian 12 and was the only one left, if it wasn't for Kurenai I would probably still think it was me who did it." stated Asuma, thinking back to that time, he remembered how the two had first met.

The lightbulb going off in Itachi's head was almost visible. First a look of confusion, the thought, then astonishment. "What do you mean, swap eyes?"

"You know, you put in his and he puts in yours. I know an eye can only be implanted once before it starts to adapt. Is there some reason that it wouldn't work that way?" questioned Kakashi. He knew of the one transfer limit because his teammate in ANBU had once lost an eye, and the only one available was that of an enemy that had died.

"No... No there isn't... Kakashi, when is your next team meeting?"

-Hokages office-

"Thank you for seeing me, Hokage sama... Earth style! Spear dragon Jutsu!"

Naruto dove out of the way of the B ranked dragon, the window behind his desk exploding outward. Naruto fled out the window to the roof of the tower, followed closely by his attacker.

"What the hell old man?" questioned Naruto. It wasn't everyday that Naruto was attacked by his grandfather figure.

"Just a little spar, Hokage Sama! I have to make sure that I appointed someone of skill" laughed Sarutobi, ever since his fight with Orochimaru, he had found his old will of fire burning strong once again.

"If that's what you want old man, but should know I don't plan on holding back." smiled Naruto as he flashed through handsigns faster than even Sarutobi had ever scene"Uzumaki style! Wind dragon!"

"Fire style! Triple Fire dragon barrage!" shouted Sarutobi. The 3 fire dragons overtook Naruto's wind dragon.

"Water style! Great Tsunami!" in an awe inspiring display of water manipulation, Naruto pulled almost all of the water out of the air and put it all into one S-ranked attack. The wind charged fire dragon was no match for the wall of water that Naruto had summoned to the roof of the hokage tower.

-With ANBU, next roof over-

"Such power, these two men could destroy a whole village by themselves." Stated Hawk in awe, he of course knew that they were powerful, one was the god of shinobi and one was known as the Bijuu Killer.