ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

TW: under age drinking
Lizzie's POV:

✿‧⁺˚*・༓☾✿☽༓・*˚⁺‧✿

"Now that everyone is here, the moment we have all been waiting for, the engagements." He announced.

"When I call out your names please come up onto the stage and stand next to your fiance." He said and then tried smile but it just looked like he was in a toothpaste commercial as the before picture.

"Blaise Zabini and Luna Lovegood" they walked up to the stage and stood together holding hands. At least Blaise got to be with his girlfriend since she was actually a pureblood.

"Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass" I knew they both liked each other so that's two happy couples so far.

"Theodore Nott and Pansy Parkinson" I looked at the two of them climbing the stage and almost laughed at their disappointed faces. Pansy was lesbian so they really got a bad pick since all couples were expected to 'produce a heir'.

"Tom Riddle and Daphne Greengrass" poor daphne, she was dating Pansy before this and they were so happy together.

"Lorenzo Berkshire and Aurora Malfoy" their faces lit up when they heard their names together. When they got on stage and stood next to each other Enzo kissed her lightly on the lips causing the whole crowd to 'OoOoOoOo' and whistle at them.

Names were read out and some were followed by excitement while others by sad or angry gasps. So many couples stayed together but some were split apart like Pansy and Daphne.

"Finally, the last engagement until next  year; Mattheo Riddle," oh fuck its my time, "and Elizabeth Lestrange."

I gracefully walked through the now smaller crowd and up onto the stage standing next to all the other pairs. Mattheo stood next to me but left a decent sized gap in between us.

His jaw was clenched and his knuckles had gone white. If we hadn't been told that we were going to be together a day before then he might have just killed me then and there, or I would do that. Anger radiated off him like a cloud and I had the urge to wrap my arms around his neck.

To strangle him of course.

Everyone else seemed confused on why we were put together since we met we had tried to kill each other at any chance we got. Sadly I haven't succeeded yet.

The only thing keeping me from murdering him there and then was my mother staring at me to see my reaction. And that I didn't want to get blood on my new expensive dress. It was worthy of at least a pureblood's blood not a half blood's.

And yes I did know the dark Lord was a halfblood however much propaganda he spread. So that made Tom and Mattheo both halfbloods.

✿‧⁺˚*・༓☾✿☽༓・*˚⁺‧✿

It was now nearing 2am and me and enzo were not even able to keep a single train of thought. Aurora and Tom were laughing at our state even though they were also drunk.

Tom took my arm and started dragging me out with Aurora and Enzo trailing behind us. He opened the door to my room and pulled me in. As soon as I was close to it I collapsed on my bed. I soon felt the bed sink a little next to me and I assumed Enzo decided to follow my example.