Chapter 20 - Next Level Confessions

Musical Suggestion: Find Someone Like You by Snoh Aalegra

Abby

Park Chin-Hwa was Pudgy. Pudgy was Park Chin-Hwa. I sat in my chair and couldn't believe what Veronica had just informed me. She said she would contact me when she returned, but she left me with wheels turning in my head.

Did he know who I was? Should I tell him? Did he tell Veronica? I failed to get these answers due to the shock she had given me. Pudgy had grown into a beautiful man - who I fucked!

"Aaarrggghhhh!" I screamed in my office and put my head down on my desk. Mindi came rushing in to see if everything was okay.

"Abby," she said hurriedly running into the office. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good," I said sitting up and back in my chair with my eyes closed.

"I just found out some information that I wasn't aware of," I said.

"Is it about the project?" she said being worried.

"Oh no, no nothing like that. This is personal so no worries," I reassured her.

"Oh ok," she said stepping back toward the door. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll be fine," I said waving her back. Mindi bowed a bit and left out the door.

The rest of the day was a blur as if I had turned on autopilot. Before I knew it, the day was over and the team was walking out of the office door. As I gathered my things, my phone rang - it was Ji-Won. I smiled. He was my sense of normality, he was like an open book - he didn't hide anything from me.

"Hey there," I answered smiling. I was really happy to hear from him.

"Annyeong," he spoke. It was nice to hear his voice. "How was your day?"

"It was good, I guess. A few surprises but nothing I can't figure out. How was yours?"

"It was busy and difficult today," he said.

"I'm sorry. What happened today to make it difficult?"

"I didn't get a chance to see you, all day," he said sounding disappointed.

"Oh," I blushed. "I'm sorry. Well I haven't had dinner yet, have you?" I said, walking out of the office and locking the door.

"No, I haven't. You want to go together?"

"Sure, I would like that," I said as I stepped on the elevator. "I'm leaving out now,"

"Great," he said. I didn't hear anything thereafter as the elevators doors closed.

As the elevator doors opened, I saw Ji-Won standing outside at the door with his phone. He smiled when he saw me. It felt great to have someone excited to see me. I walked over to greet him.

"Hi," I said walking over and standing in front of him. He looked cute with his cropped leather jacket.

"Hi," he replied. He stepped forward, tipped my chin up and planted a nice, sweet kiss upon my lips. His lips were warm and I was mesmerized while he kissed me slowly. I was floating high in the clouds enjoying the kiss until Paris interrupted.

"Well," she said as she exited the building. "I see what happened to y'all after Chuseok," she giggled. We quickly separated and stood as if we had been caught by a teacher kissing in the hallway of school.

"Shhhh," I said. She giggled and Ji-Won chuckled.

"Well I'm happy you two finally took whatever this is, to the next step," she said pointing back and forth towards us.