Push II Lando Norris

*Requested by Anonymous

_______

You remember it like it was yesterday, watching your brother cross the finish line in Abu Dhabi only a few meters apart Sebastian Vettel. It was like a movie, with an open ending not knowing whether your brother would come back to fulfill his dreams or whether this would be the last dose he'd get during his lifetime. 

Nevertheless, you shed tears alongside your parents as your brother came to hug you reassuring you he was okay. It was a bittersweet day, it was one of the few races you had been able to come watch your brother race in living so far away from him but it could've possibly also been his last. 

But it was also the 1st day you'd finally met his beloved friend and teammate. You'd heard a lot about Lando, occasionally sharing a few words with him whenever you would Facetime your brother from home but seeing him in person was...different. 

It seemed you weren't the only one who felt that way since Lando grew speechless the second he laid eyes on you luckily covering the way you grew breathless your cheeks going red at the sight of this man. 

"Okay, what is this?" Your brother snapped you both out of the trance you found yourselves in. 

"Sorry, I'm Lando." Lando approached you extending his hand out. 

"y/n." You smiled accepting his hand in your own, you felt butterflies in your stomach at his touch. 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person." Lando's smile didn't hide his thoughts well. 

"Yeah and you probably won't meet again, so don't go getting any ideas huh buddie." Daniel stepped in front of Lando creating a gap between you both. 

Daniel had done everything in his overly protective brother's power to get you both to forget the other but ultimately failed. 

_____

"You sure you don't want me to stay? It's not too late still, Palou and Schumacher are here they can-" Lando asked you for the umpteenth time as he was about to walk out the door. 

"Baby, I'm sure." You shushed your husband. "We'll be okay, and you know Danny is gonna be here in just a few minutes, as well as your mom and your sisters." 

Lando sighed unsatisfied, Lando had been watching you closely over the last week of no racing that he'd been able to spend with you, he'd watched the way you'd had spurs of cleaning the house, arranging and rearranging your bedroom, and even more so the nursery. 

Lando had spent enough time reading way too many books about pregnancy, birth, home birth, water birth, motherhood, and parenthood, trying to get as good a grasp as he could of what you both would face in the near future especially after you'd both agreed to have a home and water birth. 

So he could recognize you were nesting but this wasn't the only thing, you'd been complaining of soreness, Lando had spent the last few nights massaging your lower back and helping you breathe through bursts of pain. 

You both knew the baby was coming soon, maybe sooner than you thought but with everything being prepared at home and Heather, your midwife on speed dile you weren't worried and Lando didn't want to be the one to cause you to worry for no reason. 

Really the only reason he listened to you and agreed to race this weekend was because he was going to be racing at Silverstone, close to your home which you had both created together a few years back envisioning your family in it someday. 

That some day was now and he was so incredibly excited to do it with you. 

"Lando go, be safe, and come back to us." You kissed your husband. He still remembered when you just used to say 'Come back to me.'