Enter the void

Last we left off, the Red Lotus ambushed the Northern Air Temple to use the Airbenders as hostages to draw out the Avatar Tenzin Bumi. And Kya attempted to hold them off but were injured in battle. That's when Free came and fought the Red Lotus and was winning, but P'Li used the airbenders to make Free take her attacks, shielding them, leaving Free unconscious and severely injured. Now Team Avatar races to the air temple to save them.

We now cut to a Zaofu airship that was headed to the Northern Air Temple to save the Airbenders. Inside it, Team Avatar discussed their battle plan.

Suyin: I say we make our approach from the west, drop down, and ambush these Red Lotus low lives before they know what hit them.

Lin: It will never work; that combustion lady will pick us off one by one.

Suyin: You have a better idea how to save the Airbenders?

Lin:Yeah. We come up from the valley, scale up the side of the mountain, and take them off guard.

Tonraq: That could work.

Shanks: But it will give them the high ground, and giving the enemy the high ground is a terrible idea.

Suyin: Plus, if their Lavabender spots us, he'll melt the mountainside and us with it.

Lin: Why don't we have Lui freeze him?

Lui: Because that combustionbender will just blow my ice away before we reach them.

Bolin: Wait, I got it. I'll disguise myself as a lost hiker and once I'm inside the temple I'll distract the red Lotus with bird calls *Whistles* kaka*whistles* Kaka! That's when you all strike.

Said Bolin causing the group to give him weird looks and Lui to deadpan.

Lui:-_- Why don't you leave the planning to someone who actually has a brain in their skull?

Korra: It dosent matter.

Said Korra causing the group to turn their attention to her

Korra: None of these ideas will work. The second Zaheer realizes we're up to something, he'll wipe out the airbenders.

Suyin: And Opal is one of those airbenders. Believe me, I understand what's at stake.

Korra: Then I think you'll agree that the only plan that will work is for me to give myself up.

Mako: What?

Lin: Korra no.

Tonraq: We'll figure out another way.

Korra: I talked it over with Lord Zuko, and I've given it a lot of thought. I have to do this.

Despite the others being against it, she insists that keeping the Air Nation alive is crucial in maintaining the balance of the world. Korra then contacts Zaheer, who is waiting in the radio room of the northern Air temple , and agrees to give herself up in exchange for the release of the airbenders.

Zaheer: And take away the only leverage I have? No, I can't do that. Listen carefully; this is what I want you to do.

Back on the airship, Bolin voices his concern over Opal's well-being, visibly tense as Pabu is not present to comfort him. He wonders how he and Nga are doing; at that moment in Zaofu, the two animals are playing tug-of-war with Mako's scarf, and being scolded Yin by for their behavior.

A few minutes later we see Korra going back to the group after contacting Zaheer where Tonraq was quickly asks.

Tonraq: Did you speak with Zaheer?

Korra: Yes. He told me to come to the top of Lagima's peak at noon alone. Once he has me, he'll release the airbenders over to you at the temple.

Shanks: I don't buy it; there is a possibility that he's lying.