Forgiving

Jimin arrived at the hospital and found out the room Jinghyun was in.
He got to the floor and walked along the corridor.About to turn the corner he heard a familiar voice.
"Uncle come,there's a cafe nearby let's just have a coffee and sandwich."
"Jungkook why isn't he waking,the doctors say there isn't a reason, he's healing well,but they can't tell how he really is until he wakes.I'm so scared he won't wake up...I know everyone thought your Auntie and I spoiled him but we had given up hope of a baby, then along he came.....I know your friend got hurt by his lies but the doctors think this has been going on for a year or more,I felt something was wrong but thought it was just him coping with adulthood,that last time he was in hospital and telling lies about your friend..the doctors quizzed him about his erratic behaviour but he told them he'd had a breakup...he told them as an adult his medical history was private and not to give out any information to family....i only know this because it was on his medical file and the consultant spoke about it when i was in the room,said this could have been picked up sooner if he hadn't lied then..."
"Uncle we will never know what was going on in his brain....look you need some air, let's go out..."
"Jungkook your friend........shouldn't you be with him? He looked so shocked to see him."
"Er,Jimin understands he is very considerate of others, he would not like me to leave you on your own here."
Jimin flinched as Jungkook lied on his behalf, him considerate...he was an awful person to have treated Jungkook this way,he heard their footsteps approaching and panicking looked around going into a nearby room that nobody was in.
He waited a while and then stepped out.He slowly made his way to the room Jinghyun was in,hesitating before he stepped in.
Machines beeped and Jimin stared at the male in the bed.His head was bandaged and he looked pale.
Approaching the bed he stopped.
"H-hey Jinghyun...it's me Jimin.....I don't know if you can hear me but ..well....look your dad and Jungkook need you to wake up..."
"Excuse me,but who are you?"
A nurse walked in looking at Jimin.
"I-I'm a friend of the Jeons,Jimin..I came to check on Jinghyun...I don't know why I was talking to him if he's in a coma..."
"Actually...,we don't know if he hears but we encourage conversation,familiarity has been known to help."
Jimin nodded,the nurse did some observations. And left.
"Jinghyun...,I hope you wake soon,I know it was all a misunderstanding what went on between us....i didn't know something was wrong...,I'm sure in your right mind you would know that we aren't a couple...please,Jinghyun...for your family wake up...."
"J-Jimin?"
"Oh my god,Jinghyun....nurse!nurse he's awake!"
"Jimin.....I did you wrong....I'm sorry....forgive me.....I can see it now......,so stupid then........"
The nurse rushed in followed by a doctor....
Jimin stood back then turned to go but the nurse called him.
"I've just rung his dad he will be here in minutes,aren't you waiting?"
"I think they all just need each other now...bye Jinghyun..."
Jimin walked out and was about to walk to the lift when it opened and he saw two figures rush out. He hid in a doorway quickly and they ran past so he quickly slipped to the lift and left.
Jungkook and his uncle rushed into Jinghyun room.
"D-dad....."
"Son...oh you worried me so much....,you slept so long."
"Hey cuz,your back.....don't scare us like that again..."
The two stood by and watched as the doctor did tests and asked questions.
"Well young man....,everything looks good....,you didn't want to wake up eh? What changed your mind,ha,ha?"
"Jimin .....he told me to wake up..."
"Son ,there is nobody here,doc is he having a relapse,why talk about the person he was fixated on?"
"No..dad...,he was here he said I had to wake up because you needed me,you and Jungkook.."
"No Jinghyun he's not...."
"Oh Jimin left once Jinghyun woke up,I Think Jimin got through to him chatting to him because suddenly he woke up and the two spoke,he left as he just wanted you all to have time together.." the nurse said.
"Jimin was here!"
"I told you Jungkook.....I asked him to forgive my behaviour too....,I heard him talk to me....even after how I caused him trouble he still said he knew if I'd been able to think clearly I'd know we were never a couple and I do.......i remember going to that club but my head was hurting...I saw him,he looked so angelic I brazenly asked him out...he was so sweet turning me down...said I shouldn't be in that place as I looked too young and that I should wait and meet someone my own age and have a good relationship....hell he even offered to get me a taxi.
I remember it clearly yet my reaction was over the top,instead of accepting his kindness my brain told me differently...it seems confusing now but I made myself out to be a wronged man....,he was nothing but charming......I feel so stupid now...."
"Son...Jimin is a friend of Jungkooks can you cope with that?"
"A friend Kookie,bet he's the special sort! Of course I can cope with it,he was right he's too old for me and I need to live a better life stop being so spoilt...I know I am dad don't deny it!"
"Ah my son that I live so much is back.."
"Ew dad that's cringy but the vague memories I have of the last year make me cringe at myself what an earth was I thinking.....!"
The three laughed together,father and son hugging as Jungkook looked on.It seemed Jinghyun really was back to normal...he spoke up as he saw Jinghyun hide a yawn.
"Hey cuz,you bailing on us already, haven't you slept enough?"
"Jerk be quiet I'm an invalid I need my rest!"
"Woah fiesty talk!I'm glad you're recovering,your dad's been by your side for all hours."
"Dad...go to the hotel and get a good nights sleep,we can speak more tomorrow....,now I need to sleep and Jungkook..."
"Yer?"
"Go get your man!"
Grinning Jungkook hugged his cousin the dragged his uncle out driving him to his hotel.
"Get some rest uncle......Jinghyun will need you while he's recovering so eat and rest ok?"
"Thank you Jungkook and your friend if you see him thank him too for awakening my boy.."
"I will uncle,I will ,in fact right now I need to see him. I haven't had time for him lately..."
"Oh go now then .....he sounds like a special person. "
Jungkook nodded watching as his uncle walked inside then he drove off, " right Jimin....time to make good on my words....."