9.

BEYONCÉ KNOWLES
MARCH 3rd, 2022
HOUSTON, TX

"mama! i'm not- oh my god!" i facepalmed, listening to her rant on.

i wanted to call my mom to talk about onika. instead, she started to chew my ass out for not calling her in a long time.

"you know damn well i don't care about that shit, giselle! you left home and act like you don't know anybody! keep it up before i come out there and snatch you by those ears, dumbo!"

"mama. you gave me these big ass ears!"

"watch your mouth, i'm not playing with you, girl!"

i was defeated. you couldn't say anything to celestine without her acting like that. i knew it was no point in arguing back, so i let her continue to ramble.

"okay, im sorry, mama. i'll make it more of a habit to call you more." i sighed.

"now what's bothering you?"

thank you, finally getting to the point of this call.

"there's this girl, mama-,"

"is she rich?"

"mama!"

"i'm sorry, keep going."

"she's the mayor, so yes she is. but, i really like her, and im kind of scared. you know how i feel about relationships. ever since.. you know who. she's put a bad image of love in my head." i sighed.

"i want this to be different for me. i'm too old to be having crushes. so im sure she could be the one, you know? i've even met her son and he adores me! so im pretty much at the finish line.. im just worried."

"i understand. i want you to go for this, beyoncé. and no, not because she's rich. even though that's a plus, it sounds like you really love this woman. and i know my baby has good judgement so i don't want you to pass this up. ask her out, make her yours."

it was comforting to hear her say these things. my mother is truly my best friend.

"thanks, mama. i will, and i'll call you to tell you everything."

we didn't hang up until we said our very long goodbye.

i took a deep breath, preparing to ask onika out. mentally at least. she often occupied my thoughts. she gives me a lot of hope and motivation. even if she doesn't know it.

at times i feel like she doesn't really want me. that i'm just another sheriff to fuck on her roster. she's already been with kenneth, her ex boyfriend, zion sr., was also a sheriff before he passed away. are sheriffs her type? i don't know.

i brushed away my doubting thoughts then got up to get ready for a lunch date. i was going out with rubi today. she invited me for lunch, she even offered to pay. and i can't ever decline free food.

as i arrived to the restaurant, i saw onika speaking to rubi. i furrowed my brows, confused. but maybe onika just came out here for lunch herself.

i walked in and towards the booth.

"hey, rubes!" i smiled at her. "hello, madam mayor." i looked at onika.

"oh! this is who you're having lunch with?" onika asked rubi and she nodded.

"yes! beyoncé has become an amazing friend of mine since she arrived here. she's great." rubi blushed slightly then looked at me.

"i can say the same about you." i complimented.

onika gave a tight smile. "miss knowles, can we go over here?" she gestured to an empty table.

we walked over and she folded her arms across her chest, clearly upset.

"yes, onika?" i asked, prepared for the attitude.

"youre going out to lunch with other women? you know other women?" she asked me.

"onika- are you- she's a friend. nothing more. i'm not into her." i explained and she just shook her head.

"you're talking to other women, and i dont like that, beyoncé. you're mine. so start acting like it!" she scrunched her face up.

i couldn't contain my smile at her angry self. she was so cute all grumpy.

"i'm sorry, babygirl. this is the last time." i pulled her into a hug, slyly kissing her ear. "i'll see you later." i whispered to her before going back to rubi.

i slid into the booth and we began to talk. onika didn't leave, she stayed and watched us like a hawk.

she was behind rubi, so only i could see and feel onika's harsh stare. it creeped me out a little. like can i live?

that's my baby though.

"so is there something going on with you and the mayor?" rubi asked.

i shrugged. "something like that.. we're really good friends. possibly more in the near future." i stated.

"i see.. but why? i told you about that lady, bey."

"i know what you said, but i still want her. she's perfect to me and for me." i defended.

"that's what game she plays. she won't love you for long. she'll end up leaving you broken. don't fall for this," rubi seemed genuine and serious. it made me wonder if she and onika had anything going on before.

"what? were you guys together before? you seem passionate about this."

"something like that. her and i were close.. very close. until one day she decided she didn't want me. and then she dropped me, left me in the dust. and barely speaks a word to me. i was shocked to see her come up and talk to me before you walked in." rubi said.

i hummed. i wasn't sure if i should believe this, but she did the same to kenneth. just dumped him, no questions or explanations.

"i hope im different, rubi. i'm already so attached to her."

"well, when things go down, i told you so." she took a sip from her drink and i just nodded.

other than that conversation, the lunch went great. i did enjoy rubi's presence. and she did end up paying. even better.

i parted ways with rubi, then heard a familiar pair of heels behind me.

"onika, stop being weird." i said without looking at her.

she huffed. "you're going on dates! i had to watch!" she sped up some, now next to me.

"i'm not going on dates, onika. she's a friend.. im allowed to have friends."

"the only friends you can have are me, zion and occasionally lauren." she pouted.

i sucked my teeth. "there's no way! i can't have friends?"

"do i have friends?" she asked and i gave no response.

"hell nawl you don't have any! you could replace grumpy from the seven dwarves perfectly!" is what i wanted to say, but i choose my battles.

"exactly. so no you can't have none. now get your ass home! i know you're off today, that's why you thought you could be slick and go hang out with bitches!" onika shoved me to my car.

"i didn't know having a stud muffin for a love interest was this hard. i want a refund! put my ass back on the market!" i huffed.

"no! you're sold, to me!" onika yelled at me.

"do an exchange, something!" i rolled my eyes and she hit my boob.

"dude! that hurts!" i whined, grabbing my left one.

i hit her in her right one. since hers were bigger than mine, i just knew that it hurt. she whined then hit me in my right boob.

our interaction looked foolish as we were outside, hitting each other in the chest.

"ha! i got the last lick!" i hurriedly got into my car before she could do anything. i locked the door then flicked her off.

i pulled off from the parking lot, leaving the midget there dumbfounded. i knew i wouldn't hear the end of this.

________________________
a/n: before you read the next chapter, please know i love you so much and will cater my while life to you ... so please don't be maaadd 🤭