4.

JANUARY 16TH, 2022
HOUSTON, TX
9:45PM

i couldn't believe my son had just left like that, but i was glad he had arrived home safely.

seeing the familiar woman at my doorstep with my son was a shocker. i somehow felt like she deserved the word for bringing him home safe. to others, it may have been just a simple gesture. but to me, this meant more than the universe itself.

i guided the woman to my lounging area, kenneth trudging behind us slowly.

"so- um, what about me?" he asked me. i looked over at him.

"you may leave now. he's home." i stated as if it was obvious.

kenneth furrowed his brows and shook his head. "i just thought we would get to hang out tonight. like we used to, you know?"

"i'm sorry, ken, but not tonight. i owe her for bringing zion back home to me. plus, she seems as if she needs a moment to enjoy herself." i told him.

"oh, i can go. i'm sure you guys have some things you want to do. i wont interrupt." the blonde stood up.

"thank you for your offer, though, ms maraj." she gave a small smile then turned to walk to the front door.

i sighed, quickly getting up to grab her wrist. "no, you stay, he can go. he's seen me enough."

kenneth had the saddest look on his face. it was a little heart breaking, but i did not want him around right now. besides, i was starting to lose my attraction towards him.

he took my fight for the woman's attention as a cue to leave, which he did. he walked out of my home.

"he didn't have to go." the blonde said to me, pulling her wrist from my hand.

"but he did. there's no need to be concerned for him, he will be fine." i reassured the blonde before the both of us returned to my lounge.

i poured her a nice glass and then poured myself one. passing her glass to her, she wasted no time gulping the liquid. she winced as it slid down her throat, coughing lightly.

"definitely should have taken that a lot slower." she chuckled softly and i nodded in agreement.

"how did you find my son?" i asked her, genuinely curious.

"i was going for a walk to clear my head. then, i found him on my path. i got to talk to him a little and then brought him home. i'm really glad it was me who found him. there are absolute lunatics out here." she explained.

"i agree. i'm glad it was you as well. anyone could've grabbed him, and i wouldn't have seen my son ever again."

"if it's okay to ask, why did he leave?"

"i.. i told him no to going on a field trip with his classmates. he took that to heart, and then he left home."

the woman nodded. "i can understand that.. sort of. he seems like the sensitive type." she told me.
"that's because i am too, and definitely would've ran away from home over something like that." she chuckled.

her smile was stunning when she laughed. i didn't mean to stare too hard at her, but i did. i couldn't help it.

she stared right back at me, though. it was like time had stopped, and we were the only ones to exist. our eye contact was broken by her clearing her throat.

"so, are you and petty- together?" she asked me. i almost dropped my drink. i didn't think it was obvious we had something.

"um- i wouldn't say together. but we share some chemistry." i replied, hoping that would suffice.

"it's definitely more than some considering the way he looks at you." she looked away from me, taking another gulp of her drink.

i just shook my head. i didn't want to talk about him. not right now.

the blonde and i spoke all night, telling each other everything as we sipped on more of our drinks. we were far from tipsy, as drunk as it gets if you asked me.

with the amount of drinks flowing through me, i felt free and like i was floating in the air. i could say, do, think and be anything right now without feeling the need to be guarded.

and something about this woman made it even easier to do so. i felt comfortable in her space. i didn't feel this way with kenneth, ever.

when i woke up the next morning, i didn't remember when or how, but the woman, beyoncé, had ended up in my bed with me. she was still in her clothes, but i had taken off all of mine. i couldn't sleep with clothes on, i hated it.

sleeping with her was the best too. her arms were wrapped around me tightly, my head buried into her chest.

i felt safe in her arms, and wished that this moment didn't have to end.

______________________
a/n: next chapter will be better.

writer's block is taking me out the game rn.

especially work and school, like
omg.