Pt11. Homecoming Part:2

A pressure surrounds you, the loud screams of the rushing wind reducing gradually as you feel your decent slow. It was starting to tug on your tail... Ow, it was starting to hurt as more weight is supported. You crack your eyes open hesitantly and look toward the pain to see a robotic arm clutching your frizzy tail. You look beyond to see Tails' jet plane cruising on a steady descent. A net descends from the arm and tangles around your body, the mesh made of a heavy metal alloy.

Tails lands the craft and jumps from the cockpit, rushing over to Sonic a few feet away. Sonic was on his feet, but limping badly as Amy used her body to support his. You see Knuckles out of your peripheral vision as he stomps up to you in a rage. Before you're able to speak his massive fist impacts your face as the night fades to black...

. . .

You awaken in a makeshift jail cell, the square spit of grass tricked out with an energy net that looked similar to the bubble Tails used before. You feel for your belt but it's missing again, along with the data that you toiled to retrieve. Aka your ticket back home. Tails squints at you through the bars, your prison in the middle of a clearing that you didn't recognize.

"Awake? Good. You're going to start talking." He held your USB in his hand, a coldness in his swollen red eyes.

You shake your head a few times, the sunlight blinding you as you stand. "Where am I?"

Tails chuckles, "You're in no position to ask questions. If you try to do any funny business I have Knuckles on standby. You see, I think that you're more worried about how long this is going to take than we are."

You raise an eyebrow and scoff, "Come off it hero you're not going to do anything to me." You inspect the cage cautiously as you notice that your nose was hurting, like a LOT.

Tails' expression remains perfectly neutral as he stares at you. "You hurt Sonic really bad, he's limping around now and as much as I want to be there for him I'm angrier at you." He approaches your cage, holding the USB out with a taunting flair. "You were in such a big hurry to get out of here with this, I wonder what you would do to get it back..."

You roll your eyes as you place a hand on your hip. "Very heroic of you, fox. Not even a little condescending!" You applaud mockingly with a forced and obviously fake smile on your face. Was all of this mocking really necessary right now? He didn't have to save your life, they could've just picked the parts off your body after you hit the ground.

Tails winks at you with a sly grin, "Well what can I say, takes one to know one. I could ask where you got that chaos emerald too but I doubt you would answer anyways."

Your ears flick down as you recall the dream that preceded you finding the gemstone. "Yeah, you'd be wasting your time with that. So how about you let me out and I'll be on my way."

"Ha ha- No." Tails sits down in front of you with his legs crossed. "What's on the USB? something mind boggling? Plans for world domination?" He tossed it up a few times, very haphazard with his handling of the precious device.

You feel your pulse shoot up a little, "Well if you end up breaking it then I definitely won't be willing to share with you. You could stand to respect other people's property."

"Oh but this isn't yours! It's Eggman's. And you know, it would be pretty easy for him to see that you betrayed him and swapped sides with this little drive..." You squint your eyes. That devious little... Tails gives you a knowing smile, "I think you know that it would be in your best interests not to stir up any more trouble than you already have. We wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression now would we?"