Pt5. Action and Consequence

Silence descends in the inn room, your ears shifting slightly as you hear the gentle sounds of Sonic and Tails breathing quietly in their respective beds. The chilidogs definitely did their work on you, your eyelids heavy and fighting to stay open. But now was the time.

You spring out of bed gracefully, your footsteps completely muted as you had already taken note of where the creaky versus solid parts of the floorboards were when you entered initially. You silently creep over to Sonic's bedside and look down on him. Truly an idiot for bringing an enemy into your sleeping quarters... You look over at Tails in the other bed, your mind tracing over all the ways you could hurt them. But that wasn't your style, sneak attacks probably should've been your forte given that you're practically a ninja but- the fewer lives' on your hands the better. Maybe that's why you never did think to attack them in their sleep prior to now. In all honesty there never would've been a better time than now. The chances of any security system or camera system catching you in the act are at their lowest.

You level one of your hands over Sonic's face, your expression hardening.

Suffocation- covering the mouth and nose till he falls unconscious.. Choking- cutting off the flow of air to the brain... An ignition- setting the room on fire...

You grimace in thought, your mind wanders back to how much both of them were laughing and smiling a few hours ago. How they gave you a hot meal after the fight and were willing to forget if only for a few minutes. Air escapes your lips silently as you retract your hand and creep over to the door. You owed them, and you hated having debts.. This was the trade-off. They treated you to dinner and a warm place for the night, in return you would turn a blind eye to hurting them tonight. You turn back as you reach the door and gently bow to both of them, a stern seriousness radiating from you with this perceived business exchange.

Slipping out into the night you retrace the steps that got you here, retreating back to the old structure in the woods.

Let's see... Shadow used Chaos Control to warp away from here, Knuckles can probably sense the Master Emerald's energy and follow it's 'signal' back to Angel Island, Amy walked away from town instead of into town... Why didn't she look for a place to settle in for the night? She was clearly exhausted and I don't think that she would try to overdo it in her current condition. She has a place to rest here so either she has a friend that lives nearby, or she lives nearby. You snap your fingers in satisfaction, beginning the trek that Amy had made hours prior.

Upon entering the spit of woods you clung to treetops as you surveyed the area. It was relatively easy to see where she had come through, several twigs snapped and drag marks from her hammer leading you along her path. After tracking for about 10 minutes in the darkness you come upon a small village, large mushroom houses lining a beaten cobblestone path. You get down on all fours along the path, your eyes scanning the stone for any traces of hammer marks. Your tail twitches as you continue down the path. She was agile even in this state once she got out of the woods apparently, the cover of night too dark to make out any clear details even with your educated eyesight.

"Looking for something?"

Your fur jumps up as you lung forward and make distance between you and the voice that sprang up from behind you. But as your eyes scan the scene there's no one there-?

"I know who you are."

You look around baring your fangs as you assume a defensive battle stance, getting low to the ground and relying on your ears to detect this unseen enemy.

"(Y/N), slave to Eggman. You've stolen many things that hurt many people. Your personal history is still unknown but you played a part in Eggman's recent plan to destroy 99% of the flora on this planet."